Any Spurs Fans here?

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by flathead_ky, Feb 17, 2006.

1. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Just wanting to see if there is any Spurs fans here. I have been a fan of them since gradeschool. I would like to see another showdown with Detroit again this year. Both teams are looking great. Other teams are also stepping up their game this year so its not going to be an easy trip to the finals.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Spurs will more than likely make it to thefinals again this year. Seems like the Pistons have had their number this year so far, but the finals can be a different story.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I am not sure about them making it to the finals. They will go deep but I dont envision them in the finals. They are not as dominate as they were last year.

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The Spurs have great team chemistry and their all around team defense is amazing. Tim Duncan is a great fundamentally sound player and is not flashy at all. He is sort of a streaky player though which is his weakness, but he usually comes through when the team needs him, but he needs to play more physical and not let guys push him around as much they do. I remember when "The Admiral" David Robinson and Tim Duncan both played on the Spurs, now that was a dangerous combo, because David was such a horse inside and Tim was the dominant Power forward. Ginobli and Parker make a superb backcourt, and the only postion they lack is the 3 man which is the small forward. I don't know if they will make it back to the NBA Fianls this year or not, the Dallas Mavericks are coming on strong and the Suns are one heck of a team when they run the ball. One of the teams I just named will be representing the Western Conference in the NBA Finals.;)

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Tonight its a show down of two of the better teams in the Western Confrence. Cant wait to see this one:)

6. LarryE

LarryE New Member

State:
    KY
    one of these days ya might root for a real team like the Piston's trent lol :p

7. jamesnewsom

jamesnewsom New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The Spurs have a good team and can beat anyone. But I think that they are going to choke in the playoffs and that Dallas is going to end up winning the west this year.

8. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i am a big tim duncan fan even back when he played for wake forest

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I still think the Western Conference finals are going to go through San Antonio. The West is stacked and the only teams from the Eastern Conference that could possibly give them a run for their money are the Celtics and the Pistons. The Pacers are awful and they need to get rid of Bird and trade 90% of their team, along with the owners the Simons. The seats are empty almost every game here and even if the Pacers make the playoffs with their awful record they will be out in the first round. The Hornets are playing good, but they don't have enough experience to make a strong playoff run. The Spurs will most likely take the title again, unless the Lakers get hot. The Rockets 22 game win streak was a fluke as far as I'm concerned and they won't make it past the first round again as usual. We'll see how it pans out though. Good luck to your teams, the Pacers have to many off the court issues they need to work out before they even can do anything.:smile2:

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Booooo Spurs!

They are going down in the first round this year..

* Once they do... All will be right with the world again..

11. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    No. No Spurs fans here.

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Arent the spurs dirty players anyway?:wink:

13. bklinds

bklinds New Member

State:
    Texas

Man I am sensing some Jealousy on this board GO SPURS GO.

Ryan how ya been (former member named centralcalcat)

14. CrazyLencho

CrazyLencho New Member

State:
    Texas
    Time for some payback with the Mavs..Spurs take it in 5!!