Any shad in the Kaskaskia River

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Bad_fisherman21, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Im buying a castnet here in a few days going for some big blues at the river. never had a net before and dunno exactly how easy it is to get ahold of shad heard this time of year sucks for getting them at baldwin but what about the river

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    All kinds of shad in the kasky, this time of year they are a little tougher to get anywhere as they stay a little deeper, than in summer months.... best bet any where is having the sun out, look for slower water, eddies, oxbows are your best bet on the river...... make sure your net is legal size, and make sure you have an idea on the depth you are throwing into, or you may just donate that net to the river gods :smile2:

3. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    where do you fish the kaskaskia man? im fishing from the bank do to the lack of a boat. Only 14 or id have a job to get one. lol Neway im looking for big cats cus my pb bluecat is a 5 pounder from a creek that is like 7 foot wide:smile2:.I need to get one thats about 10 to 30 this summer a 80 poundered be nice:wink: but ill take anything over 10

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ummm, Just past the big rock and afor the old cotton wood tree, just east of old man Jone's rotten barn :wink: :smile2:

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Heyyyyyyyyyyy thats my spot .

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    The shad at baldwin all suck anytime . Everytime i have went and got shad they were a little over an inch lol .