Any reports from Cape Fear?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rangercatman, Feb 23, 2007.

1. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Just curious if anone has had any luck w/ two day warm spell that just passed. Im gonna go this next week (MON/TUES)...will post results

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Keep us posted I am planning on coming up and fishing in a couple of tments up that way this year. I have never been up their but I hope to when it warms up.

3. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    James
    Sure will...... I hope it warms up soon to.

4. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    This week should be good, a nice warm up and some rain to stur things up. Im planning on going Sat or Sun. Where are you going to fish at?

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My buddy has been catching quite a few small blues fishing with shrimp in downtown Wilmington.

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've heard about catches here and there, nothing special though, but I'm waiting for mid-March so I can try going after shad for the first time, and hopefully the cats will follow.

7. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Report I got yesterday from Wilmington area was stripers chasing shad on surface(no hook-ups though), a few small blues on cut shad and one hook-up with a beast that ran off 40 or 50 yards of 40# before breaking off.

8. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Any one know when the white bass start runnin? On the cape fear ...or Jordan lake..

9. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    shoot i would like to know as well spring spawn run white bass fishing can be crazy!

10. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fished at lock #1 today not much there.

11. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    On sunday I went down to the river, at Riverside Sport Complex. Might I say wow. the river is up like 20 foot. I couldnt beleive it. Not one bite because i couldn't even launch my boat. The water was to high to even see the boat ramp. Jordan Lake must have dumped a crap load of water. There were trees bigger than my boat floating down stream.

12. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Fishing around Wilmington has been even. Constant fish in the 2-15lb range now. Big fish are in the are though. Buddy of mine got spooled yesterday.

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    you can't even launch a boat up here right now. Its to dangerous to be out there with 20-30 foot trees comeing down at you. Ill wait until Jordan is done with all of its dumping before im takeing the boat out.

14. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I've heard they are pulling some nice strippers on both artificials and live bait out of the cape fear

15. going_crazy46

going_crazy46 New Member

State:
    Pennasylvania
    Has anybody been out fishing on the fear lately? Is the river still high?

16. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I went out today and am going out tommorow, the water near lock and dam 1 is lower than last week.

17. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went to Lock 2 and I caught two blues about 10 pounds. I caught some fresh menhaden with my cast net with the advise of a local, I didn't know menhaden came that far up the river but they did and made fine bait, like shad.

18. idolg

idolg New Member

State:
    Colfax, NC
    Going to fish the Cape at Lock #2 tomorrow. Hope to give you a good report back. Plan on fishing Tuesday too. Glad to hear the river is down a little more. It was still up last week when I there. Would like to get a couple of 10's myself.

19. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I belive from what i have been told that the start running in the last part of March to the middle of April? Don't know for sure but that is what i have heard.

20. hotwhelz

hotwhelz New Member

State:
    NC
    Anyone had any luck in the lower cape fear lately?