Any reliable motor repair shops?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Powhatan, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    As you may know someone backed into my motor a couple of weeks ago and did some minor damage.. I want my motor fixed so I took my boat to Rugged Marine in Chester last Monday for an estimate.. It would literally take someone 10 minutes to look at the motor, look up the part and give me an estimate. I called this morning and they said they have not gotten to it yet and it may be another week before they can get to it... I mean, come on.. they don't have to tear down the engine..just look up the part number and write it down... I understand being busy..I am all of the time in my business but I can spare 10 minutes to get a $3500 repair job.. (I looked up the part myself and figured 10 hours of work at $100 / hr)..

So I am picking my boat up in the morning and will look for another shop that cares about the customer...

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Richmond/Chester/Powhatan area? I have a Johnson 50hp on my boat.

Thanks in advance.

2. cameron_krazie

cameron_krazie New Member

State:
    virginia
    Adams and Durvin is a top notch bunch of guys. I know the head mechanic Bill Jr, who is the owners son . They know what they are doing and will be honest and upfront. They are located on ninemile road in the east end of Henrico. There website is adamsanddurvin.com...... I am sure if you know what you need to have done you can probally call them and he might be able to quote you over the phone....

3. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    I will say Adams and Durvin too..I talk to Bill a few times a year and then at the boat shows and they are really good people to deal with...Adams & Durvin Marine Inc
    5023 Nine Mile Road
    Richmond, VA 23223
    (804) 236-0815

4. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks everyone for your help. I contacted Bill Jr. at Adams and Durvin and he is going to help me out.. Very nice guy and will give me the estimate based on the pictures I provided..so I don't have to spend $10 in gas to get there..

Thanks again everyone..

5. cameron_krazie

cameron_krazie New Member

State:
    virginia
    So how did they work out for you????

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You know we have a marinia in madison here like that-Ive been there when the boy told a guy to buy the 20.00 part-go home and fix it yourself you would save alot and can do it......not to mention told him exactley what to do..now you tell me if that isnt good-refused to sell me a merc marine motor(SAME PRICE) but would sell me a johnson cause he didn't want to see me every week cause I am gonna run the crap out of it and it wouldnt take it...
    That is good buisness and people diong good buisness/work if you ask me......not seein alot of that nowdays!

7. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    They gave me a decent estimate and I am going to take my boat in the begining of May... Very quick turn around on the estimate..

8. Reel Tight

Reel Tight New Member

State:
    Va