Any real good fishing holes close to the Decatur area???

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by smith06, Jun 23, 2006.

1. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in Ohio. Just about a half hour from the State line. I dont get to travel much fishin' and was wondering if there are any good holes in the Decatur to Muncie area. I dont mind fishin' lakes or pay lakes but really love rivers. Any help is appreciated.

2. yellerbelly69

yellerbelly69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    u could try indy lakes,or catch the big one in greenwood, but personally i think anyone that resides from decatur should walk right into oncoming traffic. but hey thats just my opinion. but seriously tho, if u dont mind drivin head to "catch the big one" in greenwood. iv had alot of success there.

3. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats an awful long haul for me (2.5 hrs.) But thanks anyway.

4. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What the heck's up with that statement? I'd say being a new member.....you ain't lookin' to make many friends here.........

Smitty

5. yellerbelly69

yellerbelly69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    obviously youve never come acrossed one of the "locals". what a high class intelligent group of people. but i didnt say all this to start an argument, i was just stating my opinion

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    You might want to try the White River up in Muncie, I know it's not a huge river at that point and isn't exactly a deep stretch of river, probably average of 4ft., but I'm sure there's still fish up that way. I've never been to Decatur, but it can't be that bad, c'mon.

7. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thank you....Decatur ain't that bad of a city.....good food.....good little shops.