Any public pier or access point on the Potomac River?

Discussion in 'MARYLAND LAKES TALK' started by Flathead_Walker, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Flathead_Walker

Flathead_Walker New Member

State:
    maryland
    Hi everyone! I am new to the forum. Right now Am very irritating because I have not been out fishing for a couple of months. Am looking for any public pier or access point on the Potomac River below the Woodrow Wilson Memorial Bridge (Pay Parking fee is fine) that is open during night hours. For the last 6 years I have been catfishing by Riley Lock Road in the upper Potomac near Poolesville. Now, I am ready to try some new locations. I also done some fishing in D.C especially at Hains Point Park. but I have been back there for the last 3 years because of the fish consumption high mercury in catfish and carps. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mean to ask anyone for their secret or hot fishing spot. Harper Ferry, Edward Ferry Rd, and Riley Lock will my last resort. I have MD tidal and nontidal fishing license. Thanks All, Am looking forward to fish in February.

2. joe sanbower

joe sanbower New Member

State:
    MARYLAND
    You need to go up river a little more this time of the year to catch channel cats as far as below the ww bridge fort washington park would be a good place to start rileys lock has some good fishing just not this time off the year

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010

3. chrisfriction

chrisfriction New Member

State:
    maryland
    just spent the day at ft. wAashington...... 8 channels largest 9lb .... 3 blues largest 15lb .... at the lighthouse ..... fresh cut Herring or Shad will put you on all day .... bring lots of extra tackle loads of snaggs .... there is a boat channel bout 40 yards out to the right .... thats the spot .....good luck!!!!