any pointers for leavenworth in??

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by crazyKat, Nov 30, 2009.

1. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i got a tourny commin up and was wonderin if anyone could give me any pointers on where deep water,structure or bait is in thst part of the river. i have never fished there before and im going on sunday to prefish if anybody who knows the river area would like to go they can meet me there. any help would be great.:wink:

2. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i like it allot down there not one to be giving pointers though. As far as deep water, starts getting deep just down river of the ramp it starts getting deep. You will see the old lock house just down river where the old blown up dam is. On past that the 1st bend is deep around it which is what they call the horse shoe. There is allot of deep water.

3. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    how deep does it get? any 50+ water

4. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    you can find some 70 plus in the chanel bend at wolf creek, bout 10 miles down river!

but theres good water up river too! you really shouldnt have to target real deep water this time of year anyways! hell the flatheads are still hittin

5. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats true steve, i like deep water but most my bigger fish have came shallow just didnt know if it was cold enough to go deep yet

6. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Trust me you will have no problem at all finding deep water down there. It's all deep going down from the ramp. I'm like Steve though I don't really think you have to be real deep yet, the water temp ian't down that low yet..:wink:

7. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    Looks like I'm going to make the T too. Never been there but it looks like the ramp is at the mouth of a small river or large creek just upstream from town (maybe Blue River?)

Can anyone confirm this is where the ramp is? Off Ewyandotte Ave?

Calling for a light wintery mix right now - if that changes to 3 inches of snow I'll have to sit out. Looks like a nasty front blowing through mid-week.

Thanks

8. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea it was kind of tricky i went yessterday for the first time. i went up 64 to leavenworth exit go past the conveniet stores right off the exit and go to the stop sign maybe 2 miles. turn left you will go thru town and then you will go down a huge hill with woods on both sides at the bottom the hill you will turn right. dnt know the name of the road u go maybe a half mile turn left i believe its the first left its a little one lane rd and a little one lane bridge go over the bridge and turn left into the pasrking lot of the ramp. yea its the blue river runs beside it. least thats what a local told me.

9. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Good luck and stick a pig. Wish I could make the Shiver tournament, but instead i will be taking finals :smile2:. Post how ya do when the time comes.