Any plans for the summer and fishing trips

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well my dad and I, followed by my mom and my sister are all taking a trip down to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina just for sort of a summer vacation, but my dad and i took a trip up to cabelas and got some 12' surf rods and some quantim great white spinning reels and were planning to go surf fishing down there at the beach. but i wanna see were you fellas were going for the summer. please share :004:

2. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Hey cory I have only lived here in WV for a year and a half and now I am ready to start trying some waters that could posiable produce a state flathead record, the record is 70# and is 50 yrs old b 2 god posiable locations are burnsville lake and the ohio river wil probably camp there each trip to make it more enjoyable. Fishing in SC sounds great though (I ocassionaly re read the old man and the boy by Robert Ruark and his story about growing up there is great.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING

3. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    hey will, well if you really wanna go for the record flattie, i would choose tuttle creek. its the largest resivour in kansas and it is pack with kitties

4. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I dunno...

If I were to guess, I'd give Lake Shawnee a better nod. I haven't fished it for awhile but last I knew they were closing the park at 11:00 at night so the fishing pressure on the flats was lessened. I knew guys who fished it all night back in the 80's and the lake record flat back then was something like #95 or better.

Tuttle has some record flats, but there's a whole lot more of the wet stuff you're gonna have to find them in.

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    That is true, but I have also heard that it is rather underfished. It is out in Manhattan and that isn't the most populated of areas. I would still be willing to give it a try.