Any places to stay close to or on Roosevelt Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jeeper05, Nov 10, 2006.

1. jeeper05

jeeper05 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hello everyone..we are new to this site but its on of the best ive ever seen..is there any where close to or better yet on the lake to stay or do you have to stay in towns close to the lake?

2. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Jeff....If you are asking about Roosevelt lake, there are two motels that I know of at the East end of the lake. One at Roosevelt Resort 928-467-2276 and one at Spring Creek 928-467-2888. Both are a couple of miles from Schoolhouse Point. There are also a lot of pay campgrounds around the lake.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

4. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Welcome to our brotherhood!

They way I fish, I like to at least fish one overnight on the water. I bring a cot and sleeping bag and set up on the water right near my rods and usually end up reeling one in still in my pajamas. The only downside is that if they are really biting you won't get much sleep, and I just can't manage to pulls those lines out of the water either.:tounge_out: I don't know about motels or anything around any lakes though, I'm sure others would be able to help you out here.

5. jeeper05

jeeper05 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ya I should have put in Roosevelt lake sorry. But thanks for the info and numbers.

6. jeeper05

jeeper05 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    OK thanks for the info.

7. jeeper05

jeeper05 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The cot is a good idea. Are there roads around the lake or can you get a jeep around the lake or are there restrictons on road use only and then pack it in? We are from Phoenix and have not been there yet. Is the day fishing any good?

8. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I do not fish the main lake, I fish the Upper salt just above Roosevelt at the Diversion Dam. That area has alot of access roads where you can nearly reach the bank by any vehicle. It is my favorite shore spot to fish.