Any other members fish Lockport/St.Andrew's Dam?

Discussion in 'CANADIAN CATFISH' started by CptAhab, Feb 26, 2006.

1. CptAhab

CptAhab New Member

State:
    Manitoba, CAN
    Fishing season is still a few months off, and so for that matter is ice-off, but I'm starting to gear up for the 2006 fishing season. Last years fishing was really hit and miss for brief periods, but the rising and falling water levels may have had a lot to do with that. For the most part though the fishing was really great.
    I'm just wondering if there are other members out there who fish the Winnipeg to Lockport to Selkirk area? What were your seasons like last summer? What were the cats really hitting on and which presentations were they leaving alone?
    If I look at the records that I was keeping for the summer its clear to me that the bait that stole the show was raw shrimp. For some reason I had great success on shrimp and very little on cut sucker or goldeye.
    Anyway, heres to hoping that the river is a little lower, and that the weather is a little warmer. Tight lines and keep your touques on, eh?

2. wpg_catfisher

wpg_catfisher New Member

State:
    manitoba
    hey i'm gona be out fishin at lockport this summer i'm gonna be out all day on the 14th i've had some amasing luck using raw tiger shrimp from superstore and good luck using cut goldeye bout 1" long full body steak fresh is best but frozen works good too

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hey Nathan, Welcome to the BOC..:) it's great to see another member from up NORTH.:)

4. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi guys,
    Some friends of mine and I from MO are thinking about coming up to the Red River this summer sometime. When would be a god time to come, June or July? Do you have any suggestions on places to stay? We are going to pull our own boats up there. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5. wpg_catfisher

wpg_catfisher New Member

State:
    manitoba
    hey the catfishing is super hot rightnow but the water is also very high with lots of debris floating dowm so unless your an expierienced boater i recomend you stick to shore fishing.

6. MBcatmaster

MBcatmaster New Member

State:
    Manitoba, Canada
    So am I the second Manitoban on this forum?
    The fishing is really good now, in the past couple of weeks I've caught 10 over 34 inches, and thats only a couple of days fishing.

7. nudimeyer126

nudimeyer126 New Member

State:
    iowa
    isaac.is that the spillway just north of lockport dam? That spillway is a blast to fish w/slip bobbers and cut mooneyes! I havent been up there four about five years and really getting the urge to go back. Good luck fishing.

8. MBcatmaster

MBcatmaster New Member

State:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Yea that's the spillway. I've caught lots on slipfloats, but always seem to get the big ones fishing one the bottom.
    If you want to come up here, this is the year to do it!

9. Kwakwacker

Kwakwacker New Member

State:
    South Dakota
    Go to the channel cat pages and look under "3000lbs in 2 days", we caught most of them using slip bobbers in that spillway. It was wild in that shallow water, them channels were jumping like crazy when we would hook them. They are going to have high water up there for at least another month because of all the flooding in ND. It should be great fishing till the end of July.

10. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Talked to a local today and the water levels are nearly perfect. Besides that the big fish are biting well. I will be heading up to try it for myself on Thursday. We will be there for 4 days.

Let the madness begin!:wink:

11. crappieguy

crappieguy New Member

State:
    Manitoba , Canada
    I must be the 3rd member from Winnipeg...Love this site...got a 5 gallon pail of fermenting soy beans on the go right now..I've learned a lot.

12. Eric Wood

Eric Wood New Member

State:
    manitoba
    we should get together and have a BOC meeting for the day i have a couple football games their in the peg, im in Brandon MB, wb my brothers