Any opinions on Berkley "Sensation"?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by rwbrown1, Jun 15, 2006.

1. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Greetings!
    Yesterday, I was looking at the different lines at the local store and noticed the Berkley Sensation line that they had on display. I usually use Big Game but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Sensation. I would be using it on a medium sized spinning reel and am looking at 12-14 lb test. This setup will be used for Channel Cat fishing under a slip bobber with DK on lakes where "most" of the fish seldom exceed about 4-5 lbs with an occasional lunker up to about 15 lbs.
    Pro and Con opinions are both welcome!

Thanks in advance!
    Bob

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Go with the big game it will not let you down.

3. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Big Game hasn't let me down-> for sure. I'm just one of those guys who likes to try new things and find out if they offer any benefit under certain conditions. "I would never put down either Big Game nor Cajun Red" (I could get shot at!..)
    Take care!

4. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I used Sensation alot on my bass reels,its strong,limp and cast reel good. The only downside it may have compared to Big Game is that it will be less resistant to abrasions. Over all its a good line for an open water application,but i wouldnt use it around heavy cover the Big Game would excel there. Hope this helps.

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would use regular old trilene or trilene big game, sensation might be a fancier name for the line, but it is no better in my opinion.