Any one want some venison?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by shoot2thrill25, Oct 5, 2009.

1. shoot2thrill25

shoot2thrill25 New Member

State:
    TH, Indiana
    I am looking for some people who would be interested in possibly taking some deer this year. I have already shot three does and my family should be good for meat for the year. If you know anyone or you would like a deer let me know. We can do it a couple ways. If you want a deer and want to process it yourself I can just bring you the whole deer. Another way is I can take it to a processer and you can pick it up and pay for it. Or I can take it to a processer, pick it up pay for it and then you pay me back when I get it to you. Or if anyone knows any orginizations or churches or anything else that would want them let me know. I have several buddies and we all usually shoot several deer a year and are always looking for people to take some. PM me if you do and i'll get in touch with you and let you know when we have one available. I am near Terre Haute. Thanks for your help.

Travis

2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If you ever make deer jerky and don't mind shipping me a couple pounds of it. Let me know and we'll do business. :big_smile:

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've sent you a pm with my cell #.

4. dbman150

dbman150 New Member

State:
    indiana
    wish you were closer to me i would take one for sure

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I personally wonder why in the world you want to kill another deer if YOU can't use the meat. Seems like it would just be the thrill of a kill rather than a need on your part.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Uh, YEAH Lawrence. GOOD GRIEF!

One of these days somebody will come up with a way to catch, photograph, and release deer. :wink:

7. festus

festus New Member

James, looks like you beat me to the jerky. That's what I was going to ask as soon as I saw this post!! :smile2: A friend made a big mess of jerky last year and gave me several big quart bags for free. He said he made it too hot and spicy and was really not satisfied with it. Heck, I love spicy food and it was just perfect. I was eating a bag every day or two. Told him not to change the recipe

8. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    im not sure but if he is like me and some other people, we have to kill as many as we can to get the heard thinned out a little. a few reasons that stand out more than anything;

1.) They are over running our crops and gardens
    2.) To get the Buck to Doe population under control
    3.) there are way to many getting hit on our road ways
    4.) to get a healthier over all heard, by thinning the heard to a number the land can handle

We used to donate a lot of meat to different organizations, but with the health code laws they way they are, most have stopped accepting our offers.

9. festus

festus New Member

Catgirl, I don't hunt anymore, I'm just a fisherman but I don't object to anyone else hunting as long as they play by the rules. As a matter of fact, deer can become pests when overpopulated and have in the past wiped my corn and beans out. Now we have Great Pyrenees and don't have the problem anymore.

10. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There are people who would prob. love to have deer meat that cant hunt there own. I hate to hunt but I love deer meat. I can pretty much do it out of my house during gun season so I dont need it. By the way they destroyed my garden this year.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

The overpopulation is a problem in some areas. The SAME with SOME fish. I'm shuttin' up now. :cool2:

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Okay, so now I know.

13. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in

Never Mind, he answered it. Any of you fellas have more deer than you need, I don't hunt any more but will take a couple, I process them myself so I can take them and do all the rest.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  14. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    if you lived closer i would give you a couple, i have enough around me that killing them isn't an issue. it's getting rid of the carcus. we need to control the heard around me, so we need to kill out quite a few, but i wont just kill one and let it lay.

15. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    not tryn to be an a$$ but if one man is willn to help out another since there are so many starvin people here in our usa. then why whould one bitch about it. thank you for that offer of giving deer to people who are hungry. ur tryn to give help and some has to disagree? wtf. when one man trys t help another in our country you should gladly accept. not bitch about the thrill of the kill. so what if a person enjoys the kill. at least he is offering to help the hungry. i barley scrape by week to week and work my butt off so im glad the season is here. finally i can eat. and for those who cant hee is a man willing to help. so please dont complain about the killing factor. just eat for gods sake. sorry bout my language and dont want to tick anyone off. just my opnion. same as you posted urs.