any one tryed this?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by kycatman84, Sep 30, 2005.

1. kycatman84

kycatman84 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i was at wall mart today and saw some strike king sasuage links in catalpa worm flaver so i picked them up sence ive head all about catalpa worms but have none to use. i opend them up ans smelled them and it just smells like the same ol blood and cheese mix buyt i dont know. have any of u ever heard of them or tryed them?

2. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    Me neither tell us how you do. Vienna sausages works good and so does spam.

3. upsmanrichie

upsmanrichie New Member

State:
    Rochester,Pa.
    I seen that also but haven't tried it, I stay away from that crap, I catch my own bait. There is too much crap in the stores these days and I never see anyone fishing with it or buying it.

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I have tried the Night crawler flavor that they put out but never had much luck with it. I did try some of the catalpa worm flavor a couple of weeks ago while fishing for some eater’s but all I caught on it was mudfish. So I went back to my cut bait. I have seen people catch fish on it but I just could not catch them like they did. They must of just been on the right spot or something. I have tried several different store bought baits and have had some luck but not as much as I have had with fresh cut or live bait. I guess that catfish are like people when it comes to eating sometime you want something different. I don’t know for sure.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nope I have never try it.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    your right about to much bait in stores i have used just about everything out there. I can say the danny kings bait will out fish them all. I had have loads of cats on that bait chicken hearts will pop along of cats too.

7. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Ive tried the liver flavor sausages and went through the whole pack. Only problem is I only caught one cat on em. That was also the only run i got on em.

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've used the catalpa flavor and caught 1 channel with it, I guess it works but not as good as cut bait!