any one planning a trip to alatoona lake

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by runabout199, Jul 24, 2008.

1. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    i would like to fish alatoona but dont know where to start. i went yesterday caught some brim and fished about 12 hrs and all i caught was a gar about 3 1/2 ft long hehe. i have bank fished and caught cats before so i know they are there just dont know where. any hints to some spots would be great. i was thinkin on fishing the lake side of the dam yall recon that be a good start? any replies will be appreciated

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I do plan on fishing it.................next year! I will be moving to GA and it is on my list. any info you learn and are willing to pass along will be more than welcomed

3. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    i will keep you updated as i learn . i have heard that allatoona is the dead sea but i belive that there has to be cats in there. i had a little luck fishing under knox bridge before from bank its the upper etowah i belive . you might can try there and work your way down its located on hwy 20 in cherokee county.

4. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I'VE BEEN FISHING AROUND THE DAM ALOT THIS YEAR BUT HAVENT HAD ALOT OF LUCK WITH ANY BIG FISH.I'VE HAD ALOT OF LUCK WITH SOME SMALL CATS AND BIG BRIM AROUND MCKASKY CREEK,STAMP CREEK,AND UP SPUR 20 AT SOME OF THE ROAD SIDE PULL OFFS.IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILAR WITH ANY OF THESE PLACES THEY ARE EASY TO FIND.GA.HWY.20 TOWARDS CANTON,EXIT 293 OFF I-75,GO RIGHT OFF THE EXIT,FIRST RIGHT AT LIGHT,FOLLOW THE SIGNS.TO GET TO STAMP CREEK GO STRAIT THROUGH THE LIGHT ABOUT 2-3 MILES ON THE RIGHT YOU WILL SEE THE SIGN.GOOD LUCK TO YOU.NITE CRAWLERS,LIVER,BIG DEAD MINNOWS WILL GET YOU PLENTY OF 1 TO 3 LB. FISH AND IF YOU ARE LUCKY MAYBE A BIG ONE.

5. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G

yes i live like 10 min from stamp creek and have fished there for bass befor just never cats . thank you for info.

6. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I LIVE UP SPUR 20 OFF MCKASKY CREEK RD.IM GOING FISHING DOWN AT THE BOY SCOUT CAMP AS SOON AS I CUT THE GRASS.ARE YOU FAMILAR WITH IT?IT IS THE FORK TO THE RIGHT AT MCKASKY CAMP GROUND[GRAVEL RD.]MAYBE YOU CAN SWING BY?

7. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    i am workin nights this is my last nite then i get 3 days off so ill be off till thurs nite go back in fri morn. if you have any time inbetween then that would be great. i am not exact on mcasky creek but i could put in @ knox bridge and head tword there hehe i havent fished there much since i got my old boat . i have had alot of engine trouble and mt pull string is still broke. its a old 77 evenrude but it works hehe just have to mess with it lol. lets plan a trip. it would be great to meet some new people and make some new friends.