any one know of a skipjack distributer

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by rodenberg, Jun 6, 2008.

1. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    with $4.60 fuel i dont have the extra dough to make a run for skips. I am sure that many others are in the same boat. so If any knows of distrubuter or just some good ole'boy that shipp them It would save of us some money. this may like wizzin in the wind but its gotta be cheaper than drivin to Tenn.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    They may not be exactly Skippies but I've heard nothing good about their Products/Bait!:wink::big_smile: I haven't had the pleasure of trying them out yet but am hoping to be able soon!:wink:
    Also, they are a BOC Sponsor! Win Win situation for Everybody!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

Fish On Bait Company:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64348

Hope this helps. If so, post the results as I'm itching to try them on the Ohio River...LOL!

3. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks for the info

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    No problem at all Bro! Shoot Keith an E-mail and he'll hook you up. He seems like a First-Class Guy, we've communicated a few times through E-mail. You can ask anyone that has conversed one way or another with him that he is an all around good guy!
    Best of Luck on getting what you need for them HOGS!!!:cool2::wink::smile2:

5. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I sent them an E-mai, looks to be a good deal.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Truthfully from what I've heard from people that have used their stuff was more than Happy with it, the Quality and the Prices, Everything Overall!!!:big_smile:
    I was impressed with Keith's quick response to my first E-mail and he offered me a Good Deal on their Products. Just haven't been able to order any of it yet.

Send DeerHunter01(Staff) a PM and he can also tell you a lot more about it. I know he has used some different types of their Products and really liked the stuff!!! :big_smile:

I can't wait to be able to at least order a couple trays of that Green Herring to try out. There are some spots close by that are supposed to have some Big Blues!!!:wink: I already know there are some Big Flatties there!:wink::big_smile:

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Jessie, Not sure where you are but Jon Gup on here is from the Washington area I think, some where around there any way he does or did sell the bait for them in MO. you may want to get a hold of him.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Isn't Jon another Distributor for them? If so Thanks for reminding me, I know that name sounds awful familiar. Thanks Randy for the reminder!!!:wink::big_smile:

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes think he still sells for them, not sure, Just fished with him last weekend too :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: Must be getting old

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

:smile2::smile2::smile2:...I am too Brother!:crazy::eek:oooh::tounge_out:
    Thanks for the info. I'll remember that now if he's still a distributor. I've heard nothing but good about the bait! Definitely worth trying, thats for sure!!!:wink::big_smile:

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    To answer your question yes. The bait shop in waverly missouri sells them. Last year it was 5 skips for 25$. The deal gets better the more you buy.

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man oh man 5 skippies for $25 .......I'm in the wrong business. At that rate I could retire early and spend more time fishing.:wink:

13. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    ya those guys at waverly are trippling their money at least. Didnt they bring you guys some to one the tournys at kaw last fall?

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    OK, I'll get the 30' reefer ready, who wants to go fishing for a few days, man,I think we could get say 10-15 thousand to fit in it, lol, may have to run a few scale houses on the way back but it seems like it may be worth it....:smile2:

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Yes they did We were buying them $100 at a time, but made a run in Jan fo9r this season

16. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    Brad,
    how did you do when you made your run? how many can a guy catch in a day. I actualy was planning on putting 2 freezers in my trcuk and going after aload of them but I would have to be able to sell enough to pay for the fuel.

17. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think the price in Waverly is still the same this year. I was in Burton's Bait and Tackle in Smithville the other day and he is getting 7.50/piece for them.

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    We went to the Cumberland steam plant back in early January. there were 4 of us and We caught 660 in about 6 hrs. next time Were going to stay longer and take a freezer or two.

19. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brad - Keep me in mind next year, I'd like to go over and catch them. It looks like alot of fun. Something to do when there is nothing going on in the dead of winter.

20. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    You can get the Fish On Bait Herring at these bait shops.

Nemo Bait-- Perry, MO
    Cassens Live Bait-- Grafton, IL
    South 94 Bait Shop-- St Charles, MO
    Pauls Bait & Tackle--St Louis, MO
    Tombstone Tackle-- Columbia, MO
    More being added every week!

Thanks,
    GUP