Any one know if the skipps are runnin in Cumberland city Steam plant

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Lookin for skipper, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Lookin for skipper

Lookin for skipper New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am from Ohio and its a five hour trip so if they are not runnin i dont want to waste my sat day> ANY HELP I APPRECIATE

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    we were catching them pretty good last week , although everyone said it's a lot better when the water isn't so muddy. I'm sure there is a closer place to fill up the freezer then cumberland though......I would hollar at them Kentucky boy's and see if they can put you on some. I think you can get them from louisville and on down the ohio......

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I heard last night that they are still far and few between with all this rain.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Water is pretty muddy, however the weather is supposed to be good through monday or tuesday. If that is true, it will clear up down there by saturday afternoon and I expect they will be going crazy since it has been over a week since they hit good.

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I went down there today to test it out for you fellow buckeyes and the skips are actually pretty good. Water is clearing but still very high. I caught 25-30 in about an hour on green and white jigs. Good luck too you.

6. Lookin for skipper

Lookin for skipper New Member

State:
    ohio
    ive never had much luck other than Cumberland city for em though. What lures have been workin the best still white on white crappie jigs?

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It is still the white and green. It is looking real good today, have not been down to the water, but the sun is shining and its 50 degrees out already.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    As the water is clearing...they are biting better and better. :eek:oooh: