any one know how to hook up a fishfinder on a pontoon boat?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Dude, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    any one know how to hook up a fishfinder on a pontoon boat?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC Brother!!!

You need to ask Whistler about this. He has a great set-up on his toon. Look in the gathering section of the main page and look in the Tenn fish and camp thread, he was the first poster on the first page. Click on his name and send a PM to him that way. I think he would be more than happy to help you.

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    On my pontoon there is a bracket welded onto the back of my right pontoon. The transducer is mounted there so it's just at the same level and the bottom of the pontoon. The wire runs back toward the front of the boat through the pontoon mounts(where it mounts to the deck) and then up through a hole under the console. My depth finder is mounted on the top of the console and has about a 2" dia hole under it. The transducer cable comes up through this. The power cable is plugged into the fuse block and also runs up through this hole to the depth finder. That's about it. Not real hard, but a bit time consuming to get that transducer angled just right. For that follow the directions with your depth finder. Hope this helps.

4. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I like that idea!!!!!! I dont think im into the idea of putting any hole in the toon for the transducer then adding epoxy or caulk to fill it after its mounted . Would you happen to have a pic of the set up you could post sometime. I dont weld but it would be good to show a welder if i choose to do your method. Thanks for the help, this site is so helpful......thanks to all

5. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    That is the way mine is set up as well. Most toons already have this bracket on them.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Check and see if your toon has a bracket on it already. If not, go to your local marina, and check out what they have, and how they have done it.

7. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    thanks fellas for the info.