Any one in West Tn.???

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ricky 819, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Ricky 819

Ricky 819 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I live in Martin, Tn. Is there anyone on here that is near here? I would like to hear about some of the fishing close to here if there is. Thanks.
    Ricky---

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the board Ricky, I am not familiar with the martin area, But surely some will chime in with some info.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Ricky, Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

4. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome Ricky to the BOC, I'm in the west part but way south of you. I'm down by Pickwick lake just off the TN River closer to the Mississippi line. I'm sure some one can help you out and also there is a gathering at pickwick in sept check out the member gathering post for more info.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Ricky! Don't know about members right in your area, but there are several in NE Arkansas, several down south of you, and a bunch that fish the Cumberland SE of you. Hope to see you at Pickwick in September.

6. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Ricky
    I live about 1 to 1 1/2 hours south of you and mostly fish MS River. Most of the guys around here that are on here post under the MS State section under a thread called Mississippi River World Class Catfishing. Welcome to BOC

7. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    HEY THERE RICKY, WELCOME TO THE BOC. YOU WILL LEARN SO MUCH ON SITE. ENJOY.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I live near Pickwick also.
    Let me guess? Your going to school there? If so good luck and theres a few on here that live within an 1 or so of you.
    Pete

9. Ricky 819

Ricky 819 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hello back to everyone. Thanks to all for the info that you did give me. I hope someone can help. I have lived here all my 33 yrs. I did used to be a student at the college but that was a few yrs ago now. Just found this site. I am still trying to see all of it. But it seems awsome. I will be fishing the Tn. River at New Johnsonville and Some of the smaller rivers around. I would really like to know more about the smaller ones near here. Like the Obion and Forked Deer. I have heard of big fish out of there all my life and never fished them much. Any info on bait and places at New JOhnsonville would be great. Thanks to all.

Ricky--

10. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    Hi Ricky,

I live in Huntingdon a little south of you. I've never fished the forked deer or Obion so I'm no help there.

On the other hand I like to fish out of New Johnsonville. Before I suggest a place or two tell me this, do ya have a boat or bank fish?

BTW, you really HAVE to attend the gathering we're having at Pickwick dam this september. You'll have more fun than you ever thought possible, I promise. On the main forum page just go down to member gatherings and look up Pickwick.

Oh, and when you meet Punkin570 tell her you're really looking forward to seeing her table dance this year, :wink: :smile2:

11. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use to live in Rutherford about 30 minutes SW from you. Reelfoot is pretty good for channels up around the edges of the lake with the cypress trees. Also if you want to run down rutherford way there's the Rutherford fork river that's usually really shallow. It's sandy bottom, but there were (about 15 years ago) lots LOTS of smaller cats in the river. All smaller channel cats and bullheads. That was the only place I've ever been that you could catch a lot of bullheads on almost every trip. Best way for you to get there would probably be go down toward bradford on hwy 45 (greenfield hwy) and take a right on rutherford hwy (105). From there it's less than 10 minutes away. You can fish from the bridge, but you have to reel the fish up about 20 ft. There use to be a dirt road to the left right before you get to the bridge and there's several places to walk down to the river from there. BEWARE OF SNAKES!!! There were loads of them through there. Right before you get to the river there was also a pay lake on the left side of the road that always had good 5-10 lb fish. They also use to put 1 or 2 larger 20-40 lb fish in there. Might also want to try the Obion river between union city and kenton. Swampy area through there and there use to be some fish in there too.

It's been a long time since I've been over there so I hope I'm not leading you on a wild goose chase, but the river is still there, so I'd guess there's still fish in it.
    I'll try to get with one of my friends that still lives out that way and see if he knows any good spots.