any one haverest and deer yet?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by delawareriver, Oct 31, 2005.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i didnt hunt the regualar bow season saturday was the first day of extended season, so i got out saturday night and didnt see a single deer. my grand father saw a doe but couldnt pull his bow back for some reason? (i guess his age is catching up to him hes 72 i think) my dad didnt have his bow with him because of a miss comunication between me and him about who was supost to bring it but he sat in a treestand and scoted and saw a doe within 20 yards for 15 mins, and my cousin saw a bunch but they all were to far away.

this mourning my dad saw a bunch and missed one long shot, my grandfather didnt see any so i got uo there tonight and saw about 15 but all of them were over 50 yards away, there was a huge buck under 100 yards away rubing trees but i never got a good look at him, (rumor has it theres a big 10 pointer running around and they way that buck acted i wouldnt be surprised if that was him) but that didnt matter much since we have to shot a doe before a buck anyways.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    other than the 10 piont i posted my uncle got ive not heard any more as of yet here. my other bud that has been out several times has had close runs with a buck but it spotted him sun just after he drew. (wind was blowing towadr deer.) and bolted off up the hill out of range and just stopped and looked at him. lol. he ain't a 200+ deer for being stupid. :D

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i stuck a doe opening day{Oct 1st} had a 2yr old 8point mess around me for a while that morning,could have stuck him several times but i passed,that same day as i was waiting for the doe i stuck to expire i seen a really nice 140-150 class buck but he would never come with in range,closest he got was 40yrds and my comfort range is 25-30 depending on how calm the deer is,and the complication of the shot{i dont get the range you wheel bow shooters get ;) }.
    Oct10 i stuck another big doe,she came in with 3 others,i hit this one a little far back and i tracked her for over 300yrds just to find she had doubled back and layed up not 40yrds from my stand,im guessing i may have jumped her while i was tracking,i went one other time besides those 2 and seen several does but i only bought 2 doe tags,also seen 2 small bucks that need to grow a bit.not real sure if ill even go back out again until late archery after xmas.

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    well im glad you had some sucess, hopefully ill get out tommorow, i was gonna try getting out today but my dad is working so i cant. i hope i can a doe so i can get my chance at a buck. alot of bad luck so far this year but i wonldnt love deer hunting if it was easy. i love when you get that feeling when you see the deer just out of range and they start coming closer and you get your sights on them, i dont think theres any better feeling other than landing a huge fish. good luck to all

5. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I took a doe earlier in the season. I can still kill another doe and a buck, just waiting for one to walk by and be worthy :p

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm hunting this year for the 1st time in 20 years. So far I haven't had any luck. I took a shot at a nice doe this morning, 6 minutes into shooting time. She was just at the edge of some brush, about 20 yards out. somehow I missed! :eek:
    I don't know if it's inexperience or if the arrow deflected off of a branch...

Eric

7. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I ain't killed nothin but that ain't to say I ain't had a shot! :cursing:

8. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    To kill a deer with a bow, almost everything has to go perfect. Dont worry, everyone misses. If you missed from 20 yards with a gun, thats another story :D

9. kildog

kildog New Member

Keep shootin!!!YOu will get one! I killed a 10 point the first week of bow season with my recurve. If my place my counties right I can get another buck and doe. KD

10. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I finally took a deer tonight with my bow. We are in the middle of rilfe season right now but I didn't have time to get to my rifle spot tonight. I left the house at 3:00 and was in my stand with bow at 4:00. At 4:10 this small three pointer came by the stand. I've only see two deer this year in the stand so I went ahead a took the shot. I got a perfect double lung shot at twenty yards. He field dressed at 90 pounds. We don't have huge deer around here but I was happy with a kill and some meat in the cooler.

Attached Files:

11. bojuana

bojuana New Member

State:
    north carolina
    This has been a good season for me.I have taken two does and two bucks,the biggest was a nice eightpointer with a 19 inch outside spread.I only hunt with a bow other than blackpowder season and would like to use one then but not allowed. I have a trip planned for feb. to go to south Texas to hunt pigs and javeline.This will be the fourth time down that way, and yes I love that brush country of soutTexas.

12. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    my buddy got him a spike and two hogs from my stand yesterday but as for me "nodda".....but that with his shotgun...

13. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Well, Somebody around here certainly has killed some. My yard is covered with bones and deer legs and my old hound is swelled up like a 55 gallon drum. He hasn't touched the food in his bowl for two weeks.

14. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well, I've gotten 3 this year so far. And Grumpy, I promise I didn't dump the carcasses in your front yard!! LOL Where is he getting them?

15. flathead willy

flathead willy New Member

State:
    Madison, MS
    1 doe in North MS. Guess you could call it a good season so far for me haha.

16. jrm11

jrm11 New Member

State:
    Fairmont, W Va.
    I've harvested 2 scrub bucks with with my bow this year.

Nothing to brag or post pics about. After all this rifle shooting calms down might hunt late season a little bit !