Any one got a good map Of La Cygne resv.?

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Jan 4, 2010.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'm having a little problem finding a good map of La Cygne. I've always got to the hot water outlet by boat. So via land I got lost.
    any and all help would be appreciated.

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cant find a map, but take County Road 409 east from 69 Hwy, go over the dam and then turn left on Young Road. Follow Young Road and then turl left on County Road 2400th. It will end up in a parking lot. The trail is off to the right and runs along the hot water discharge canal. I attached a copy of the yahoo map, you can switch to satellite mode and see the parking lot. http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=38.37066&lon=-94.635752&zoom=16&q1=Lacygne, Kansas

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks Chris, I see were I went wrong. As soon as we get just a few more degrees I'm going to head over and see what I can do. ​

4. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I may head out there this coming weekend if I can get a boat in the water, not sure if the ramp will be frozen or not. Definately fishing SOMEWHERE with Morris, location is still undetermined. Chris

5. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    yea it would be nice to fish the hot water outlet for sure hopefully its alittle deeper than the last spot that was a pretty good walk to fish a foot&half of water olwell tho better than setting at home

6. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    The hot water discharge is about 13 feet deep with a really swift current. Has a mud bank on the side where the walk-in trail is, and rip-rap on the opposite side. Chris

7. PeterBeutler

PeterBeutler New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the help. My Buddy Zach and I are gonna be heading up there this coming Weekend and hopefully ending up staying there Friday-Monday. Just curious, you said swift current. We have a bunch of 6's and 5's oz, think we will need to pick up some larger than that?

8. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    If both stacks are rolling out a lot of smoke maybe. both stacks rolling out a lot of smoke don't happen very often.

9. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I didnt get to fish last weekend but they did have both stacks up and running. With one stack you might get by with 5 ounces, there is still a pretty swift current. Chris

10. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the post. I was wondering were to star weight wise from the bank.​

11. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Bring some heavy stuff, anywhere from 5-10 ounces depending on how much they are generating. Chris

12. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew

Don't let the stacks fool ya. The northern stack doesn't actually release most of the emissions for Unit 1. There is a tall square building next the the northern stack that releases smoke for that particular operating unit. On a really cold cold day it will appear that both stacks are releasing and on warmer winter days it seems that only one is releasing. But in fact they both are going full power. Just check the south stack and the building.

Attached Files: