Any one fish the San Antonio river

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by el-de-saspamco, Jul 27, 2008.

1. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Any one fish the San Antonio river south of loop 1604 in Bexar county or counties below Bexar? I haven't found the 'rights of way' for Texas bridges yet and I don't want to trespass anywhere.

Rubes

2. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Rubes!
    I never fished it, but I did walk down to it under IH35 south can't remeber but I think it was the brauning exit just keep going south on the feeder rd. Water was real clear. This was about a year ago. There were some trails down there that looked like people fish from, but some of the drops to the river were 10-15ft. This was after all the rain we had last year.

3. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I have never fished it but always wanted to.I started to fish a few weeks ago when we went on vacation down there.I know you can get down to the river on I37 you have to pass up the exit 130 I believe then go down tot he next exit and hit the feeder road.There is a little road that goes under the bridge right down to the river.I lived in Kingsville for a long time and I would always pass over it when I went to see family so I was going to give it a try a few weeks ago but I had the wife with me and it was raining a little and she started complaining about getting stuck but the little road is solid gravel.Long story short I did not want to hear her complain so I didn't get to go.If you get a chance to try that area please let me know how you did.

4. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    I've been down there before, didn't want to trespass so I didn't cross any fences. The 'right of way' rule gives about 50' on either side of a bridge as public access but I haven't found enough info to try it. Theres nice places at the city park in Floresville, thing is I get caught up a lot and it gets expensive leaving so much tackle behind. lol I've seen a catfish swimming next to a downed tree that had to be over 2' long, darn thing wasn't hungry though. lol

Rubes

5. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    :haha:pLEASE......let us know when you do decide to go down there. I 've heard people talk nothing but good things about that place. I would like to know if they are tall tells or the truth...hahaha