any one fish roughriver in kentucky

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by fishin all summer, Sep 16, 2008.

1. fishin all summer

fishin all summer New Member

State:
    ky
    ...can you help me with any idea of catching any big cats from the bank like what kind of good bait and what to look for sticks fallen trees becouse i have no boat..but me and my dad we love to hunt them big boys down but no luck.i live in kentucky to grayson county love to fish rough river and pay lakes..any help would be much apperciated

2. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    never had to much luck at rough river but havent fished it much.

3. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    I have night fished off a few docks there in shallow water 5-10 deep. There were creeks that entered at that spot. I was using night crawlers on the bottom and caught a few 10-15lbs Flatheads.

4. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I can't help on the paylake part. Fish the river like any other look for deep hole on the outside bend. make sure there is a lot of bair fish around and use them for your bait. Bank fishing takes a lot of scouting to find a good spot. If its easy to get to most of the time its over fished. find your own hole and good luck.

5. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Chris, Go buy you a topo map of the lake and study it. The map will show you where the channels,humps, and any irregularity's in the lake. Try to find where the channel comes close to the bank or near a point or near a flat, that is accessible from the bank. Flatheads use the channel as a form of highway. They will travel the channel at night and come out onto these features and hunt for bait. Live shad or bluegill are real good bait. They will also hit dead cut bait as long as it is fresh. So don't throw away those fish that die on you just cut them up and use them.Hope this helps???

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Are you talking about the lake or river