any one fish martin Co lake?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tugrivercater, Jul 8, 2006.

1. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    I am just getting into catfishing and have only caught a few small ones in a pay pond about 2 lbs. ive been fishing the tug river without not even a bite, my aunt lives in inez and told me about martin co lake. my queastion is do any of you fish it and can i catch 5+lb cats there? what part should i fish (stuck on bank) and what do the cats seem to like there? cut bait? night cwralers? thanks for any info on the lake or tug river in martin co if any of you fish it..

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish Martin county lake all the time its about 6 min from the house. Ive caught some good bluegill and bass, and some nice catfish in there. I missed one a couple weeks ago and had my 7-33 pole bent double, and i had 20 pound test it broke the line. if your wanting to catch some catfish soon as you drive up to the lake id keep going straight the road is rough but theres some good fishing keep going up there close to the end of the path and there is a bank you can walk down to, most of its pretty shallow waters, but when you get there through to the left and fish on bottom theres some pretty deep wholes, I ususally take chicken livers, garlice chicken breast, cherry flavored chicken breast and some blue gill heads and creek chubs and have caught several channels in there. I hope this helps you and I wish you luck on the trip whenever you get ready to go let me know and ill meet you up there and show you some spots.

3. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    hey thanks for the info... was you in that spot when you had that big fish on? and what were you useing?

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was using a live creek chub fishing on the bottom of the lake.