Any one else Trying To Get In Shape ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cherokee, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    me and my wife started going to the gym where in our 3rd week. Ive lost 6 pound and when i 1st start took me over 23 Min's to do a mile on the treadmill today i done it in 18 min 55 sec go me. And one else trying to get into shape ?

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Herbert, i AM in shape. round IS a shape:wink::smile2:

all kidding aside, that is something i MUST work on starting yesterday. i intend to lose 40 lbs this spring.:embarassed:

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know if I would say I'm trying. I need to try harder but can't seem to find the energy to go to the gym. I actually have a free months membership coupon that I aint used yet.:eek:oooh:

I do park farther away from the school so I have to walk farther to the car, when the weather is warmer than it has been. That's a start right!:smile2:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I walk to the fridge does that count? :big_smile: Sometimes I just sit back on the recliner and let my wife bring it too me LOL

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

let's see..............yes, here it is! that is on my exercise chart!
    it does count!:smile2:

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I sure am! We're having a contest at work that starts tomorrow. Hopefully that will get me jumpstarted..............

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yelp ona diet and walking the older u get the harder it is !!!:wink:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    This mouse gets faster the more I move it, lol.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I commend you Herbert on your achievement.I keep saying everyday I need to start working out some to get back in shape.But I never seem to get it started:sad2: I'll be the first to admit that I need to do something.Ineed to lose at least 20-30 #'s. Guess I just need something or someone to get me kick started.Really need to start walking but darn it "It's Cold Out There":eek:oooh:

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So far I have lost 10.2 pounds. I use my Total Gym and it helps alot!:big_smile:

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Do 16 ounce curls count?
    Bill

12. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    good for you bro! its never to late to start getting into shape. i am constantly trying to stay in shape, but the holidays killed me. i gained about 10 lbs, now i am trying to get rid of it. and congrat on the drop in your run time. keep it up and before you know it you will be running 3 miles in about 22 minutes. trust me it can be done, i do it in less time.

13. captain kirko

captain kirko New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Our family set a goal,

The biggest Loser!

At Christmas day:

We all weighed in including children and put $50 per person.
    $25 per month until June 25th.
    June 25th, we will weigh again.

1st Place= Who lost the most weight 80% of pot
    2nd place= Who lost the least amount 20%= Joker!
    !! EVERYONE IS A WINNER !!:big_smile:

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I stated going to the gym maybe about six months. I statted to lose weight then I slacked off and gain some weight. Then about two months ago, I decided to get a personal trainer. He took my measurments arms, waist, chest, thighs and weight. two weeks ago my P/T took my measurements. I lost 5 inches from my waist, 3.5 inches from my chest 2 inches from my thighs. I only lost 6 pounds though. I was disapointed til my P/T explained to me the inches I dropped were fat! The reason is I also lift weights. I just also started jogging on the tread mill! Although I jogg for 1 minute and walk for two etc, etc. I have notice the diffrence I am sleeping better and all around feel stronger.

Jaime

15. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Does catfishing count as excersise if so i am in great shape.

16. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Tomorrow is weigh in day :crazy: hope the pound have dropped :eek:oooh:

17. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    I started back in October trying to loose some. I weighed 225 then, I am 6' tall so thats not too bad but it was all in my gut. I weighed this morning and I am down to 174.5. I still want to loose that other 4.5 lbs. but I'm working on it. There is no secret to my weight lost this time, it was mostly due to stress and my conscious effort to do just that. The next thing I have got to work on is to quit smoking without gaining the weight back, lol. I quit once before for 2 years and gained 45 lbs, started having trouble with my blood sugar and heart. Got most of that under control now so stopping smoking is the next project.

Good luck on your effort.

don3778

18. captain kirko

captain kirko New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Weight Loss,

It is simply great to hear a success story like your own.

If you do not live alone, have your wife, girfriend etc. help you out
    with asking them to hide those tobbacco sticks!

Leave the replacement money @ home.:smile2:
    Yes, we all care & you will enjoy the clean refreshing air....again.:wink:

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I really wish I could but my severe back pain has got me to the point that I can hardly do anything at all, walking is a big challenge right now. It went out 3 days ago and just keeps getting worse each day. Once I get it straightened out were gonna start walking and trying to get in shape. Hopefully soon!!!

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Doing great Herbert! Stay in there. Report back often to let us know how you're doing.

I try to walk 3 miles a day, been jogging or walking for the last 32 years. I walk the neighborhood roads. It takes about 48 minutes to do 3 miles. I do some arm exercise while walking. Hate the treadmill but will use it if have to. When I was 27, got up to 225 #, wife bought me a size 38, I said thats enough! Been dieting off and on ever since.

I read this somewheres...
    Old age health is like a bank account.... you make withdraws later in life on what you have deposited along the way.