Any one catching flathead catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Bill D Curtis, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    been 6 times the last three weeks at different times day and night and cannot buy a flathead not even a good run all I'm catching are small blues and channels been using good live sunfish but still nothing:0a28:

2. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Its been a terrible fishing year for me. In May it started raining here and didnt stop for 6 weeks. My river saw hellacious flows almost all summer long. Only in the last month has it gotten low enough to do any catfishing, and that is in 2-4 hr windows while Keystone dam isnt releasing. At my traditional spots where I can almost guarantee big blues or flatheads durring low flows, I can't hardly buy a bite. Even other species are super slow, sand bass and stripers have been pitiful this year, shad are hard to find and I havnt caught a single herring this year which is very unusual. I dont know whats going on with my river, Im still hoping for the fall feast, mabey that will salvage my year. We'll see.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    They're catching them here at Murray L&D on large minnows and small bream.

4. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have been from Eufala to Keystone and some small rivers and large creeks but nothing in the last month to even talk about. Tough year for me. I hope it is better for the rest.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    May have been a one-day thing. We went the next day and didn't see a fish caught.

6. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I CPRed These Two Flatheads At The Waurika Spillway On Rod And Reel With Shad Heads. Little One Was 27lbs And Big One Was 44lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They Have Been Leten Water Out For About A Week And Are Starting To Close It Off So They Wont Last Long Down There. I Took These Flatheads And Drove Them Up The Dam And Put Them Back In The Lake.

7. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Nice Fish! I love the pics. So how many tickets does it take to ride the big flatty? :roll_eyes:

8. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice Job...Thanks for sharing...:eek:oooh:

9. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Well I Would Say 4 But Since She's My Daughter None. She Is Only 11 Weeks Old And Loves To Play with The Fish I Catch!!!

10. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Good job Brandon. Nice flats.