Any one been doing any fishing at low water ?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by cataholic, Jul 16, 2007.

1. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was just wondering if any one has caught any catfish there lately ?
    I haven't had much time to get out there and sit for awhile but I did manage to go a few days ago and caught a couple 20 lb sturgeon .. they was alot of fun but want to try and catch some of the monster cats that i hear are in that area :wink:

2. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    When a river fall very low catfish are force into the deep holes and that can be some of the best fishing of the year.........where do you fish?

3. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i'm actually headed down to low water tomorrow to see if i can do any good. going to try and get down there before 9 am and fish the better part of the day. hopefully will be able to catch some skips down there, if not i have some frozen gills and chicken liver. my nephew is supposed to bring some other stuff with him, so we should have a wide variety of bait for the fish to chose from. will keep ya'll informed on how it went, or just drop on by.

4. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I mainly fish at low water damn but haven't had much luck with catching any cats there lately , I have caught a few cats 3-15 lbs so far this year from a small lake ...

5. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    hmm I may have to show up down there tommorow sounds like fun I don't think i have any thing major going on that I can't get out of :smile2:.

If i can't get down there I will be looking forward to seeing what ya post

6. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    yeah, if you get the chance come on down. i got a lttle bluish (what paint is left on it) voyeger minivan. just look for the big guy in the camo hat.

7. blzfan1963

blzfan1963 New Member

State:
    illinois
    The water is at a bad stage right now, hard to keep your bait where it needs to be. I was using skip-jack and shad. They were only hitting on the shad mostly small ones (5-10lb range). I did hook something pretty big but I couldnt keep its head up and it got down into the rocks and I lost it. Try north just below the bridge....

8. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well, we threw everything we had at them kitties, but no fish. didn't even get a decent run. we tried cut gill, cut skips, shad, chicken liver and sonnies. three way rigs and carolina rigs. just wasn't our day.

9. kittycatman1

kittycatman1 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yes i have up here in illinois the water is really low the best bbait i found out to work the best is sucker because when the water is low they move in to clean the hole of everthing that they can eat :0a22:

10. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks I really tried to get down there and wet a few lines but some things came up , I am hoping to go soon , even if i don't catch any catfish it will be fun :smile2: