Any one around the Beaufort area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I might be getting orders (USMC) down around that area here in the next 6 month and was wonering if there were anyone down that way that had any pointers. i have some good set-ups but i will be looking for a descent little boat to fish some of the waterways for cats. anybody got any tips out for out there?

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Joey ,i,m not from there, but r u wanting info for saltwater or freshwater? Someone with more local knowledge of s.c. will be on here to help u ,if u want saltwater ;i might be able to help a little bit :wink::smile2:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Joey, the best guy on here may be JAinSC; he's more familiar with that area, I suspect, than most of us regulars. Iceman may be able to help you out, too, not for sure, though.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks gents. i may dabble a little bit with the saltwater, being as how i will be fairly new t it. i grew up in the upstate of SC so i know how to fish the fresh water, but that was mostly farm ponds and a few rivers. just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to fish the tidal rivers or the bays out there. i will probably get into the saltwater portion of it, try and chase some reds and trout, drum, cobia, and of course going up in the rivers for some cats.