Any Ohio River Reports?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by glenmorebuckman, Jun 20, 2008.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Anybody have a report on the river conditions, is it still as muddy as last weekend? Hoping to try it out tomorrow but hate to make the 65 mile drive if it's still muddy.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I haven't been out on it for over a week so I can't give you a fishing report. But the river looks great! Get out on it!

3. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Been out a couple times this week, one afternoon is great the next not so great, but I haven't been skunked yet. They are still dropping the river about another foot, I think after they get it stable these fish may get more consistant. It is getting clearer every day. Flats are hitting on live shad and blues on cut skips. Good luck.

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    The river is fine, it is slightly stained to a mellow creamer coffee color but is clearing up daily. Right now in Cincinnati it is running around 26ft and the current is present but not overbearing by any means. As far as fish numbers go, I believe in my case it is a matter of not being in the right spot and not so much the fishes fault, however I would like to say that I have not been skunked ...yet. I have noticed that the bait while still active has moved into the creeks a little more than a few weeks ago, at least in my neck O' the woods. Good luck and stay safe!

Bill

5. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went out at about 5 today water was pretty clear fish were on Fire caught 3 10 to 12 pound blues and 8 3 to 7 pound channels.All bye 830 not a bad evening. Good Luck catching Aaron.:big_smile:

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    were were you fishing at?

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    the cats were on fire last night river is looking good just about down to pool still a little stained but starting to clear

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    went without me again!!! how many did you catch ?

9. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    In my area the Ohio is about normal. 34ft. and current slow and just a little murky.

10. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours.ha ha ha :big_smile: private message me well talk.

11. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    River sounds better all the time! Gonna give it another try this weekend!

12. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    hey man, we ought to hook up some time and go. i thought you lived in bowling green. when did ya make it down to God's country? :wink: i'm laid off almost the whole month of july so if you need a fishing buddy, pm me or somethin.

13. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    :big_smile:HI, SAW YOUR POST. WE STILL HAVENT GOT TOGETHER TO FISH. IVE FISHED A FEW TIMES WITH LEROY WILKERSON BELOW CANNELTON IN THE ROCKS. CAUGHT A FEW LAST FALL. NOT SURE IF POSSIBLE TO FISH THERE NOW WITH CONSTRUCTION GOING ON. WE PLAN A GET TOGETHER TOMORROW EVENING AT WEST POINT BOAT RANP.ON THE SALT/OHIO RIVER.
    ALL WELCOME. HOPE WE CAN MEET SOMETIME.
    TAKE CARE, JIM

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I went to see Rush @ riverbend last night and could see the river a little bit it had some brown color to it not bad though . Was pretty choppy with the wind . Settled down just before dark . I guess the current wasn't to bad . Plenty of water Barges loaded to the 12ft mark .

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing conditions. I can't wait to get some of that action.

16. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    how was rush? always wanted to see those guys live. maybe someday.

17. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Just got back from the Ohio R. I caught 2 flatheads, one was 3 lbs and the other 5 lbs., all were caught on fresh shad. The water is stained pretty good and the current is steady, all shad were caught way back in feeder creeks, did not notice any shad activity on main river channel...of course the wind was kickin so maybe I just didnt notice them. By the way had to use 2 anchors because of the wind, must be this cold front.

good luck
    Bill

18. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Rush was GREAT I have been a fan for 25 years . They're new album is better than the few that where all snythed out Power windows/presto and such . They played some of what they called veteran songs yyz/passage to bangkok/ the trees/tom sawyer / temples of syrinx/!

19. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fished last evening just below Brandenburg. Water had good color, there was a little drift,all small stuff. I caught one small flathead and broke off on one. Water temp. was 79.8. Water level is on the way down starting tomorrow. River is in good shape and getting better.

20. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Went out this morning July 5 and caught 5 fish in the 5-6 lb range all channel and flatheads. Everything was caught on cut shad and the fish were scarred up and bloody tailed (spawning). River is turning greenish!