Any Ohio River Information?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by glenmorebuckman, Aug 23, 2007.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Has anyone been on the river today? I was wondering what the conditions are, muddy, lots of debris? I was hoping to try Cannelton this weekend but with it rising to 15-16 foot not really sure about it.

2. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    First time posting. Been reading for a couple of years but never posted. I was also thinking about going to Cannelton today but the water is still on the rise, so I'll look again tomorrow to see if its leveled out. I looked at the levels up river and its starting to drop pretty quick so maybe tomorrow. Do you ever do any good up there? I try to go just about every weekend. They were biting good in early summer but they slacked off for awhile, was biting pretty good this last weekend. If you can catch skipjack you can catch good blues. Its not any problem catching skipjack right now, even a 5 year old could catch them now. If you know what I mean.:wink:

3. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Well, Brother Shannon, you were taught by the best!

4. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yes the old wife has taught us pretty well.

5. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    welcome shannon enjoy the ride and keep posting

6. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    The river is comming up. It has good current up river from louisville. There is a lot of small debris, I didn't see any big floaters yet. The blue cats are still active. I caught 6 last night, 3 were just over 20lb and 3 in the teens. I was anchored in the front part of an outside bend, in 35' to 40' of water.

7. iam2hi2flyinky

State:
    kentucky
    david it sounds like you had a real good time out there if you couls throw some of that luck up river please lol

8. iam2hi2flyinky

State:
    kentucky
    fished ohio river at licking tributary and nailed them. no fish 4 3 hrs then i put a bait pole out about 8 ft about 6 ft deep. the pole took off and my 8 lb test got snapped so i moved all my pole in that close got 4 channels around 3 lbs and 2 stripers over 10 in the last hr by then was out of bait. first time i got anything in a minute lol.