Any of you guys have a Woman like mine?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kyredneck, Oct 22, 2007.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I‘m uploading the pics of my wife’s annual deer she got yesterday from camera to computer and the visual bio I have on record for her has caused me stop and reminisce about how fortunate I’ve been to have her as my companion in this life. I happen to think she’s one in a million.

She loves and has shared the outdoors with me for 29 yrs now. She’s both a lady and a tomboy, and she ain’t afraid to roll up her sleeves and get dirty. I’ve attached some photos for illustration.

Any of you guys have a Woman like mine? And, I’m really not bragging, I’m just thankful.

Attached Files:

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    Amy is doing her best to end up like that. she just needs a few more years of practice and a husband who isnt a smart a$$.

your a lucky fella.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Sounds like you're a lucky fella too. I myself have been quick to criticize and slow to encourage in the past. But, she still loves me. Thank you Lord.

4. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I, like you, consider myself very lucky. My wife deer hunts with me, cleans the barns, fishes, and drinks outta one of them BIG glasses like yours. My wife doesn't like the idea of gutting a deer, but it is a small sacrifice for me to clean a deer so that she will hunt with me. Her first deer, on the first day, an hour after the season opened, she shot her first deer. A nice 8 pointer 1 entrance wound, 2 exit wounds. She constantly reminds me of these facts.

Sounds like there are a few lucky guys.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for sharing Chad. There were soooooo many photos that I had to choose from, like the one of her cleaning/butchering chickens, or hacking the stones from a large drum's head, or holding some nice crappie that she had caught grimacing and mad at me because I insisted she pose when she had to go pee really bad, and on and on......

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice Larry. I got one close to that. She really likes cutting chickens heads off. Can't get her to hunt, but she'll clean anything I bring back.

What I liked about your presentation, was your presentation. The way you showed your gal in all her abilities. I think she is kinda lucky too. John.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YUP LARRY YOUR BRAGGIN AND IT IS OK YOU DESERVE TO......My lady gets in with me and I wouldn't have it ant other way.It's great

8. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i think all the wives and girlfriends of catfisherman deserve a pat on the back

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like your a lucky fella my friend.alot of people would like to be where you are.Not to give you my sob story but im divorced and didnt want to be and the girlfriend i have now im getting ready to send packing.So you are truly blessed.

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    My wife Tara of 12 years wont fish, but.......She doesn't complain about me fishing all night 2 days a week, she lets me keep all kinds dead fish body parts in the freezer, she isn't worried about the night crawlers getting out again in the fridge, she never complains about all the critters I bring home for the kids,
    she doesn't ask me why there is a 10lb catfish swimming in her bathtub, she always politely asks me to take the fish gut trash outside, not once has she said, " didn't you just buy some hooks ? ", she always makes my coffee and makes sure I have the camera and phone, and every night I go she calls me before she goes to bed to tell me she loves me. If that aint love...I don't know what love is ; ) I know this thread is about sharing the outdoors but I thought since we were on the wife subject it was a good spot to give her some credit also : )

11. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Derric I'm on the same page as you. I always try to show my appreciation for my better half. :wink:

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My wife is getting there. We've only been married a little more than a year, but she loves fishing and encourages me to go often. I think I'll keep her!

13. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the compliment John. Tried to rep, but gotta spread some more.

"......really likes cutting chickens heads off.......". Hehe, my gal can be a mean woman when the occasion requires it.

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Your very lucky. I have a good wife & I can get her to fish but she wont bait a hook or remove the fish from the hook. Cant get to the range to shoot. But she makes up for it in other ways.

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I agree with John. I'm also lucky enough to have one of those one in a million women.
    Mine has never hunted other than in TX shooting jackrabbits and prairie dogs. Up till a few years ago she fished and usually did the fish cleaning. She' still pretty salty with her Colt 357 or S&W 38 SPL.
    I did pretty fair where I worked but one of our neighbors once told us I'd made president of the company if my wife could been on the job with me. :big_smile:

16. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

I belly laughed at this one! You, my friend, are very fortunate and have an outstanding woman!

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    But Aaron.. when will the part be that she lets you take off of work and call in sick so we can go fishing :wink:. Now THAT's a woman. LOL

18. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    ".......I'd made president of the company if my wife could been on the job ..."

Oh so how I relate to that!

19. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Larry,
    Sounds like you are a very lucky man. I too have a woman who I believe is a one in a million. After 40 yrs. of marriage I finally got her to start fishing with me about 3 yrs. ago. I still have to take her fish off for her,but it's worth it to me to have her go with me. I never did get her interested in hunting,but she does so many other things around the house here that I'm very thankful for. I don't know what I would do without her,so I think I'll keep her. Sounds to me like you also have a keeper. God Bless both of you.

Glenn

20. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Man, and i thought i was lucky. My wife is really understanding of all the hunting and fishing i do. She doesn't complain about the long hours i spend in the boat, or in the woods. And she doesn't freak out when i come home covered in blood, guts, slime and scales. I've convinced her to try a couple of my hobbies, and she has found out that they aren't so bad....She shot a gun for the first time this year, we were plinking with my .22, and she loved it. Keeps bugging me that she wants to go again. She has really gotten into fishing this year. We've been a few times, and she is even starting to take her own fish off.