Any news on Lake Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Nov 6, 2006.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Has anyone been fishing on lake marion recently,was wondering how the bite is,we usually fish the cold months putting in at rocks pond and drift around the brickyard on up to the crossover with pretty good luck,havent been yet this fall and really havent heard that the bite has picked up yet,just wondering if any of you guys have heard,thinking about getting up a trip in the next couple of weeks,thanks in advance

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Whats up Marty I hadnt heard anything about marion.What about mid december or so on Wateree or Monticello?

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    there was talk about the crossover producing around the last week of sept. but havent heard anything since.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    that sounds good,how about december 30th,i will be on vacation that week between christmas and new years and that would be the best date for me,i am fishing a crappie tourney the 9th and have to work call the weekend of the 16th,the 23rd would work but that being christmas weekend we wouldnt have much turnout probably,i think the 30th would be better,probably others vacationing also,either monty or wateree would work,you can make that call,just hope we have better showing this time and the weather cooperates,i kinda like monty,its kinda in the center for everyone,and wateree is good,havent done much fall fishing for cats there,but i hear its good drifting for em,if we do it at wateree the best landing would be wateree creek landing,its near the river for those who wanna fish it all way up to cedar creek dam and if ya go the other way its not too far down to state park area which is good fishing too

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Let me check the schedule of the rest of the tournaments.