Any Luck?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Tangler, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is having any success. I went out Friday night and caught these four channels. The bottom one is almost ten pounds. So i cant call my night a failure at all. These were all fun pulling in on my short stainless poles.

I have never been sure but i have heard that there are blue cat in my area and also the contrary. The second fish in the pic has a blue tint to it. Can someone please clear this up for me?

Attached Files:

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice fish,2nd is definately a channel.

3. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    That's what I thought too. Does anyone know why that one is a different hue? I caught it in the same place I caught the others.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Catfish have different colors and shades for the same reason people do. Spots are like freckles that disappear as a kid grows older. And we all have different skin tones. Could be genetics or environmental. Either way, it's common and natural.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    By the way. Me and the wife went out early last night. We were trying for a couple of fish to put on the board for Ohio, but no luck. We only stayed out till about 10pm. Fish just weren't biting. But I'm going back out tonight with a couple of BOC buddies that fish our tournaments. We will definitely add to weight to the total.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i caught one a few weeks ago that was all blue even had blue lips but it wasnt a blue count the anal rays and a channel is rounded and a blue has a more of a straight analfin and has over 3o rays channel has 24-28 rays

7. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    Very helpful, I never knew how to tell. Does anyone know if they are in the tuscarawas county area? I didnt know if they were heard of this far north.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Not that I am aware of.