Any luck?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by dieselcat, Sep 22, 2009.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Just wondering if anyone has been out bow hunting yet and if you've had any luck?

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    One more day to wait for me and then it's on.

3. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    I have not been able to go but my son in law has been and got a young buck opening day. He was on private land 20 minutes west of Warrensburg, off of hwy 50.

5. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    I went Tuesday , stuck a doe, I just started using NAP spitfire broad heads she didn't go anywhere they worked great, seen 5 other does no bucks, I have been working on the does the last few years, I have way to many does, I am just thinning them out 1 by 1

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't know if I'll make through this season with my sanity intact. It will be the first bow season since 1975 that I haven't hunted. I was sitting in front of the TV last night playing with my bows and antique arrows, wishing I was in the woods. I'll do my bow hunting through you guys this year, so I hope you all whack um and stack um. Good luck people.:sad2:

7. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Billie I'm sorry to hear that, I am not far away and have some very user friends stands, I have a few box blinds right on the ground I can pull the 4 wheeler right up to. If you want to come more than glad to help out however I can.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I sure appreciate the offer. That's outstanding. I've always loved to see new areas. It's the "game" I miss the most. I've always spent much more time scouting than hunting. Like today; it's raining hard and I've always loved to go to the woods and sneak up on deer in the rain. They don't expect us to be there in the rain so I've been able to get real close to them in the rain. That's why I'm giving up bow hunting. To me, it's more about putting the time, and miles, into the hunt and seeing how close I can get. It was great when I lived real close to where I hunt. I would scout all summer long so when the season opened, getting a deer wasn't a matter of luck, it was knowing that a deer would be there, and making a good close shot.

I can still get all the meat I need at my best friend's farm, and drive right up to the stands in most cases. I do that with a gun if there is still room in the freezer after bow season. However, if I can't get a bow kill fairly and do the homework, I'd rather not stick one just because it was unfortunate enough to walk out in front of me. I've always done my bow hunting in the thickest, most inhospitable places I can find. It's soooo much more satisfying than sitting at the edge of a field waiting for them to come out. I'd love to come down and take some pictures and meet another BOC brother, though. Maybe I can find time to make it happen. Once again, thank you very much for the offer!

9. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    You are always welcome at my place, if you want to come and bring a camera that would be great! I take a lot more shots with a camrea than bow or gun. I just love being out there:big_smile: