Any Luck???

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MissouriCats, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MissouriCats

MissouriCats New Member

State:
    Higginsville,Missouri
    I haven't been fishing since all of the hunting seasons started and I'm itchin to get back out there, especially after that warm spell we had a week ago. Is anyone having luck fishing this time of year. I've never fished during this time of year, I usually don't start till April when I can start catching crappie too if the catfish aren't bitin. I was told it's almost impossible to catch Flathead but that the Channles bite pretty good this time of year. Any truth to this? How is everyone else doin, farmponds, lakes, or rivers???

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Welcome to the BOC.
    Like you, I haven't been out since early fall, when my hunting fever kicked in enough to overpower my need to get out on the Mississippi. Those warmer days got my urge to go as well. There are several folks around here that go out year round and they have been getting some nice fish lately. Most post regularly in the Gateway Cats Club threads in the Tournament Section of the BOC. We don't hold many tournaments, but that is where they put our little home here. Please look us up. Most of us are in the St Louis area, but stretch out into Illinois & mid MO. A couple of our members went down to TN last weekend and got into some very big fish, as in 68 & 72 lb size. Not sure what part of MO you are in, but you are welcome to join us.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome to the BOC Kyle.

Alot of folks do well this time of year. Lately the Blues have been biting on Shad pretty good on the Sippi. You probably wont want to target the Flatheads until that water temp hits about 70 degrees. Blues can be caught year round as can the channel cats. I havnt been after the channels in quite some time, however I usually did good on them in early spring on rock revetments and the flats right up next to the bank.

Best Wishes and Good Fishing. Welcome to the BOC.

4. MissouriCats

MissouriCats New Member

State:
    Higginsville,Missouri
    Thanks guys. Hopefully I will get out pretty soon might have try my luck tonight we will see though. Good luck to you guys.