Any luck yet??

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Scott Daw, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Now that trout season is closed until april, I have time to start thinking cats again (not that I stop but havent had time to do both). Has anyone been having any luck? even if its not a cat? I told my fiance that we were gonna go fishing saturday and we'd stop at cabelas in hamburg pa first for supplies, then after awhile I remembered, that was just the excuse to get my fiance to the cracker barrel for her bridal shower. Chances are high I wont be doing any fishing saturday. I just get to stare at them in the big tanks they have at cabelas while dreaming of a fish fry while the ladies get to do their thing across the street.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Scott, No luck here! The weather has really messed things up as far as getting out. Not enough ice to be ice fishing ( some guy went through the ice on Lake Arthur yesterday and drowned, ice was 2 inches thick). Too cold to hit the local river with skim ice floating everywhere. I just keep spending time reading about fishing and getting all my gear ready to go. I have a Trout stream going through my front yard. Fish comission will be stocking on March 11. That to me is always the 1st sign that spring is finally here!!!

3. catmando

catmando New Member

State:
    Colorado
    No luck here the water is to cold It need to pick up though i cant wait for the first cat of the year yeeeehaaa

4. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Not much going on here as well. We got about 6" of snow today and it's still comeing down, so with all the snow and only about 3 to4" of ice, fishin is pirty much shut down. The river has got flow ice everywhere so there's no fishing there eather. Life just suck's right now.

5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    some guys arnt doing to bad near philly on the big old delaware but im to far north with the shallow water up here. yes the weather has not been good, warm days followed by cold days never know if there will be ice or not. cant wait for trout season, its my specialty! then comes shad another great thing tho im not very good at it at all. ill be looking forward to the next 2 months

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    delawareriver - I wish I could give the Shad fishing a try but it's just too far of a ride from here in the Pittsburgh area. If my darn lottery numbers would come through I would be able to fish anywhere, anytime but... guess I'll be heading to work tomorrow, LOL.

7. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I plan on going fishing in the Delaware on Sunday :) I will let you know what happens.Weather is in a warming trend right now.Should be in mid 40 range by Sunday.

8. upsmanrichie

upsmanrichie New Member

State:
    Rochester,Pa.
    Im going out today to give it a shot. Yasterday was beautiful, like 74 degrees out. Today is only supposed to be in the upper 50's, but I am curious, I seen 2 people out on boats fishing at the private lake I fish, but they were too far out to give em a shout to see how they were doing. Ill post my results and findings later on today or tommorro. Wish me luck.