Any luck yet this year??

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by the_whisker_hunter, Mar 30, 2008.

1. the_whisker_hunter

the_whisker_hunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    anyone have any luck this year on the cats?? havent went yet myself but headed there tommorow ! I have never used gills before but iam going to try and catch some and use them if possible. anyone know the laws on that exactly here in Illinois ?

2. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    You can use gills but they have to be caught on pole and line, no netting. They also have to be used in the same lake, river they are caught in. You are not supposed to transport fish from one water system to another.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Ya.. what tonto said. :smile2:

4. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
    Gonna hit the water tuesday or wensday ill let you know if i find them if i do fishing should be good!

5. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Caught a cat last Monday in the Rock River on crawler..

6. the_whisker_hunter

the_whisker_hunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I caught 2 yesterday about 1lbs a piece lol

7. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My brother and I fished a tournament on Saturday and didn't have much luck. We couldn't find any shad, and the only ones we had were frozen from last year. We couldn't get anything to hit on them. We did end up catching 5 fish, but could only weigh 3 due to 14" minimum. Didn't do so well, but we got out and got to catch some fish and have a good time. Can't wait for the next one.