Any luck on the Mississippi River

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by bluecatnut, Dec 25, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i was wondering if anyone has been have any luck from the bank on the mississippi river in the past month

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dusty the Guides at Brownwater. com have bee catching some nice blues in the Cape Girardeau area. Which is a way south of you. I have not been out.

3. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I haven't had any time to get out and try, but I haven't heard about anyone having any luck. But I am ready to get back out with this nice weather.

4. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I went out yesterday and all I Caught was a cold. My throat is pretty sore from all the cold wind and my face was pretty chapped. I haven't went out in a while, it beats not going out. I was below alton dam using some skippies, I figured I would at least get a bite they are letting a lot of water out.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Went up by Saverton Dam yesterday ,Didn't get a bite.Was using some Shad that I had frozen but no luck. sure was nice just getting out though ,sun shinning and all.River is up about a foot in our area. could be why they are letting water out at Alton.Boy we need to get water in the river not let it out.