Any luck on the Fox River yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SPowell, Mar 13, 2006.

1. SPowell

SPowell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm new to the forum, so hello all. Just checkin' to see if anybody is having any luck on the Fox? Specifically, I'm lookin' around the Northern Dams, Yorkville, North Aurora, Mchenry... Any of these, or others. Just trying to find the action. Thanks!

2. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Good luck on the Fox. We fish it in the Ottawa area and do pretty good. We get a lot of shad out of there also.

3. catfishermanj

catfishermanj New Member

State:
    Illinois - McHenry
    I was going to give it a go sometime this week until I saw the weather report that is calling for 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow! I would think if we could hang on to the warmer weather and some rain the river should get going soon, really soon. Good luck.

4. SPowell

SPowell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hear ya. It seems like each time I try to get out, the weather doesn't cooperate. I'll still probably go out this weekend anyway.

5. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, but seasoned on the lower Fox. I went to the streams office in Plano yesterday and talked w/ the staff. There have been reports of channels caught along Silver Springs, 1-3 pounders from the shore. Nothing yet at Yorkville because the rivers up a bit for wading and the Silver Springs boat launch doesn't open until April 1. I've also talked to a couple guys who wade just south of the Fox River Road bridge in Plano and the Walleye and Muskie are starting to get active. Once the Walleye start the run the Cats are usually a week or two behind them. I fish the Fox from Yorkville to Millington (and beyond depending on the river level). COME ON APRIL 1ST!