Any luck on Ohio or Salt Rivers

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kingdawes, Aug 28, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went on down to west point where the ohio meets the salt river and fished for three or four hours. I got skunked. I was using cut blue gill on a bait floater rig. I had one good strike but didn't get'em.

I was wondering is anybody else fishing here and are they having any luck. I went on saturday night. There were a couple of boats out there. Anchored off where the waters meet.

I thought this would be a prime spot for flats but I didn't even catch one fish?

2. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    One of those boats was two of my regular fishing buddies. They reported that they caught sixteen 1 to 4 lbers on cut shad but they fished till 8;30 they next morning.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I fished that area on Saturday morning and we also got skunked. Went all the way down to otter creek area. We did get two good hits, but nothing to get excited about. We were using fresh skipjack and nightcrawlers.

4. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    man looks like I hung it up to early. Yeah I saw I boat out when I got there and they basically didn't move the whole time. I assume they were on some sort of drop off or something. I geuss it takes I little more waiting around than i did