Any luck in the Tuscarawas River?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by samandryan, Jun 11, 2008.

1. samandryan

samandryan New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia,Ohio
    Anybody spend any serious time in the Tuscarawas river, especially near New Philadelphia/Tusky? We have been mainly still water fishermen but are wanting to devote some time to moving water. Thanks, sam.

2. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    EeeeeYUPppp.........pulled 3 good ones out Saturday night. Didnt have my camera or I would have posted up pics
    1 flattie around the 18-22lb mark
    and 2 channels both over 12lbs
    and 1 pissed off snapper that easily went 25-30lbs, boy was he mad

not bad 3 totaling over 40lbs...

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I don't fish the Tusc. River as much as I used to, but I have caught some very nice channels from north of Dover Dam and around downtown Dover. Never fished for Flatheads much there.

4. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    We used to fish the Tusk. quite a bit growing up. We fished where it crosses under I-77. Heading south on 77 look to your right and you can see a bend in the river and a large rocky/sandy beach area. We have caught some dandy channels there and ive caught some small flatties, nothing huge. Lots and lots of snags in that area tho.

5. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    pulled in 2 more nice cats yesterday afternoon...1 channel about 9-10lbs

and 1 Flattie in the mid 20's...both caught between 3-4:30pm on cut

6. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    If I could load pics from my phone I could share with ya all. For some reason I can remeber everything but the digital camera and a tape measure when we go....

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    i fish the Tusc 4-5 times a week in the New Phila to Gnadenhutten area, the small flatties are biting like crazy on live bluegills and creek chubs. most of them being caught have been between 5-10 lbs with a few bigger fish also being caught. the biggest i know of recently was a 17 lber that a buddy of mine caught. the channel cat bite has been slow lately, but i did catch a FAT 6 lber last night on cut shad !!!

the Tusc has a good population of flatties and channel cats, youve just got to take the time to find a few good spots to fish. a word of advice...............stay away from the heavily fished areas and try some spots that arent fished often even if you have to walk a good distance or trim back alittle brush to get to them. it seems like everytime i try a new "out of the way" spot.......i have really good results !!!