Any Luck Around Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Jroc777, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    So has anyone had any luck recently around Indy? I tried to go out last Sunday but it was way to windy and the river was very high. I'm in San Diego for the week so I'm finally going to get rid of the cabin fever. I'm going deep sea fishing on Friday. Its not catfish but at least I get to catch something. Good luck to all.

2. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Just can't get free for nothing:mad: Between work and grandkids it gets kind of rough. I should have a little time this Saturday at least to go out and check some old spots. I'm going to try and start fishing the river more this year. Hope to see you guys out there!!!!:)

3. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    i haven't had the time either, maybe in a couple weeks i'll get out, when are you going out again jroc ? eric and ryjo are in africa so i don't have anyone to fish with... :crying:

4. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    dont know about indy area. but i do know the 1st or 2nd week of march im usually on the water at missenewa in my boat (depending on weather) and catch a good deal of blues and channels just around the bend at red bridge got 6 gallons worth of shad ready to go,,,,good luck to everyone also if anyone didnt know i heard from my conservation officer buddy that next year missenewa will be up like it used ti be and he expects the fishing to be great because of the higher water,,,,good luck to all!!

5. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Don't know about Indy, but a buddy and I tried to hit the river just south of Centerton (the dam) and the water was too high to reach the warm water spillway. Looks like I'll be getting waders with my tax check lol;) . Anyhow, be safe and good luck deep sea fishing.

Crackr

6. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I'm sure I'll be getting out within the next couple of weekends. What in the heck are ryjo and eric doing in Africa? When are they returning? Just curious. Its about time to start planning a spring outing for the indiana group.

7. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    they should be back in a couple weeks, ya we definitly need to set up a spring gathering, any suggestions on location ? PM me if you want to get together one of these weekends to do some fishin..

8. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    ive been wanting to try and fish in indy, mainly on the white river but cant seem to find a place any suggetions from you indy guys??

9. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    A couple of places come to mind:
    1. Fish the White right next to Westside Bait & Tackle on White River Parkway. It is in between Michigan and New York streets just west of downtown Indy. You can also get bait there at Westside and Jimmy (the owner) will put you on the fish.
    2. Fish the river near Broad Ripple. There is a lowhead dam there and when you get just past the falls, there are some really nice DEEP pools.
    3. Further south of Indy, there are access points with boat ramps at Waverly and Henderson Ford. Both places yield some might fine cats every year.

Hope this helps...if anyone is up for going, send me a PM. I will be at Turtle Creek fishing tomorrow.

10. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    thanks for the rely might haveto try those spots out come spring,,ill need directtions tho but ill get them later thanks for the info bro

11. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Used to fish from Rocky Ripple all the way down to 16st Dam. That was before the fish kill in 1999. Been over by 38st once last year. Caught a couple of small channels.