Any long range shooters around?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Chief, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    anyone here shoot long range? competitive or just as a hobby

2. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I don't shoot anymore, but I shot pistol metallic silhouette out to 200 meters for several years. Does that count as long range?

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I shot 1000 yard competition up until last year when my eye sight went down so bad that my Leopold <(sp) scope wouldn't even bring it in good enough to pin point my target. Its still good at 200 to 300 but anything beyond that is dreaming.

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    did it for 3yrs furthest shot 1300 meters

5. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well now that i know theres some shooters around i was working on some loads for my 308 and was wondering what everyone thinks of the sierra matchking 168 boattails? they seem pretty popular, any other bullets i should try? i got some 168 amax too.

6. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    I hear alot of talk about the lapua scenars on a sniper/tactical forum I visit every now and then. Maybe give them a try? BC for 30 cals are .470@167gr. and .521@185gr! One sight I found says the 155gr has a BC or .508...don't know if that's a typo or if they're a slight design change.

7. iowain 45-70

iowain 45-70 New Member

my buddy leo and i do some long range shooting with handguns.i've gotten out as far 300 yds with ruger blackhawk 45 long colt with cast 250 cowboy round,with 18.3 grs of 2400.

8. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im not sure where yall get your reloading stuff or bullets, but check out MidwayUSA if you need any of that stuff. They have a ton of reloading, and ammo and the such. Great prices too!