Any Lawyers on the BOC?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Creteus, May 4, 2006.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Do we have any custody lawyers on board? I've got a problem with my Ex and need advice on what to do in regards to custody with my daughter.
    Thanks,

Matt

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    hope you can get some help...have been to court many times for my wife in her fight for her(our)kids so i know where your coming from

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Matt ,Igot my boy when ne was 12 and raised him myself. then he got married at 20. good luck with what you have to do. Ihope you get some good advise from here. lenny a proud dad.:smile2:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I saw title "Lawyers" and thought this was another thread about illegal's. LOL

Good luck on your advice.

5. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    hey, talk about discustin catfish bait! How many pieces do you cut them into and, is that not poluting the waters?

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I don't know any lawyers, but I have a 9mm you can use (its good for ex's). :big_smile:

7. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Fatkat I wish it were that easy. Wish she would just die off on her own. Its just so damn hard for a man to get custody no matter how much of a piece of $hit the woman is:angry:

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Not really that hard Matt, Just have yer ducks in a row, I got custody of both my boys at young ages (5&6) an raised them, so it can be done. I know what ya mean about the well wishes LOL. a pain they can be for sure. good luck to you.

9. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey Brother,What kind of advice are you seeking?not a lawyer but will tell you what I know.Im a single parent of two boys,7yr old & 10yr old,my 7yr old is disabled with spastic cerebral palsy.The mom took off 6yrs ago,the boys were 1 & 5.I got full physical & legal custody of them.If you dont feel comfortable about posting here send me a pm, I NEED TO HEAR A LITTLE ABOUT THE SITUATION TO BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOU ON WHAT TO DO OR NOT DO!#1 Do you have the kids or does she? pocession is 9/10ths of the law.also if there is no temporary custody in place then you can get the kids from school,babysitter etc and cant be charged for anything do to you cant be charged for kiddnapping your own kids,but she can do the same,until there is some type of temporary or emergency custody in place.If she has mental problems,drug problems anything that may be or could put the kids in danger,you can go to a lawer and have him get emergency custody on the grounds that you feel or have reason that the kids are in danger due to her present condition or the enviroment the kids are in.One thing you dont want to do is jerk the kids back and forth,so some type of custody needs to be placed.I dont know your $ situation but this is going to cost you.but its going to one way or another anyway.you may be able to find a lawyer to work with you on the $ part.The laws are diffrent from state to state also.If I was you and you really are serious about getting or trying to get custody,you are going to pretty much have to prove her unfit and doing this and getting custody is a pretty hard thing to do unless she makes it easy for you to.The best advice I could give you really at this point is to set up a appointment to a good custody lawyer and let him/her advise you on what to do and or your options at this point.If you need to know anything else and I can help let me know.ONE MORE THING,BEFORE ANYTHING,SET DOWN AND REALLY ANAYLIZE THE SITUATION,I KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR KIDS,SO WITH THAT SAID,I DONT KNOW THE SITUATION BETWEEN YOU AND HER BUT IF ANYWAY THAT YOU CAN WORK TOGETHER ON HOW TO RAISE AND LOVE THESE KIDS THEN TRY.IF NOT THEN DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO,BUT THINK ABOUT THE KIDS!DO WHATS BEST FOR THEM!NOT WHATS BEST FOR YOU! IF ITS OVER BETWEEN YOU TWO THEN FINE.BUT DO NOT PUT THE KIDS THEW NO MORE THAN YOU HAVE TO!ITS ABOUT THE KIDS NOW AND ONLY THE KIDS! GOODLUCK!!:smile2: