any kaw point problems?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by flat fighter, Jul 15, 2008.

1. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    I am going to go and fish kaw point sat night and am kinda worried about leaving my truck in that parking lot while i am on my boat. Have any of you had any problems leaving your vehicles down there?

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    You won't have any problems there. Now Front Street or some of the other ramps...

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i have fished it at night a few times and never had any trouble. in fact, when i park down below ( where yer not supposed to ) it is never long before the security comes by and makes me move so i think they drive through quite often.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Where you been Trevor ? Dont see much of you on here anymore. I leave my car at Kaw Point all the time, no problems. :big_smile:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Not anything that can not happen at any other ramp. I have never had any problems at the point.

6. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thank guys for the info. Hey keith i just bought into a buisness so i have been real busy but it is starting to slow down so i can get back to whats important:wink:

7. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    not to get off the subject of kaw point but what happened to 7th street ramp and is kaw point the only ramp on the kaw below the dam?

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's still there kind of. As far as I know it's not usable although I did see one truck/boat trailer use it this spring in high water. Other then that the only ramp is kaw point and 7th street is not that far of a run.

9. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    You used to have to get A key to unlock the gate for the 7th street ramp. Last time i tried to get it the key i was informed that the were no longer doing that due to trash being left behind and people not being responsible and not returning the keys or locking the gate.Leave it to a few to ruin it for all!!!