Any info on sturgeon point??

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bluebruiser@Jmestwn, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

Bluebruiser@Jmestwn New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Recently gained access to private owned land round sturgeon point,fished once ,:eek:oooh:a few dinks..But ive hung into a lot of bigguns up and down river.Was just trying to find out if anyone else has been fishing the area of the river as well, past or presently...

2. river cat rat

river cat rat New Member

State:
    virginia
    Welcome to the BOC there are alot of good people here that will help you. Glad to see you join.:big_smile::wink:

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Might be a little harder to fish the bigger water down there from the bank. Might have better luck upriver of Presquille where the river is narrower.

4. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

State:
    Virginia
    :big_smile:is there public access at presquille isle..thats Turkey island..right..? im a salt fishermen during the summer,fresh and brackish in fall winter and spring.. can throw at least 80 90 yards 11 foot rods daiwa sealine x30sha reels..biggest 7 years into it is 72 lbs.mostly from shore some from boat .let me know about presquille...?

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Not to familiar with bank access, other than those offered at public ramps like Dutch Gap, Deep Bottom, and the pier at Osborne. However, if you can cast that far, I'd imagine you could hit the channel in bigger water (along with the flats) so you should be gtg.

6. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

State:
    Virginia
    do you know of many hawgs being pulled from sturgeon point area ? I was just thinking late season deep spot relatively close to shore...Big water big fish...?I usually spend considerible time at spots new,or unknown.every bit of info helps.:big_smile: thanks

7. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Man I would go for it. If you are fishing deep or shallow water still go for it. I have caught many 50 and 60 lb fish out of 2-5 feet of water. Don't be fooled and think deep is the key. This time of year I amost never fish deep, and when I do I don't catch anything. I know the area you are fishing, and have fished there from a boat. Deep fast water with flats all around. I would fish it everyday if I were closer. Good Luck and you will get a big boy down there.

8. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Welcome to the BOC Ronnie, lots of good people and information here.