Any Info on Good River Catfishing, Around Arnold, Mo?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by wabah58, May 8, 2009.

1. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Me and the wife have been looking for a decent Place to Bank fish around Arnold, Mo. Last year we fished on the Meramec, under the bridge at Jeffco blvd. We did ok, lot of small ones, but I did manage to catch a few 2-4 pounders.

I have a friend that has a card to get in the Teamsters camp in Pevely Mo, we always kill them there, but he has been busy this year, and hasn't had time to go. Without him and his union card we can't get in with out him :(

Does anybody know a decent to land some cats, maybe around the Imperial Marina, or any other place close?
    Thanks

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    First off, welcome to the BOC.
    I live in Arnold, so I feel your pain at not finding a local honey hole that can be reached from the bank. Come to think of it, wish I knew of some honey holes I could reach in my boat. LOL

As you have noticed, The BOC has the whole country covered quite well, with over 15,000 members. Over time, members around the St Louis area started getting together and eventually, started up Gateway Cats Club. We get together both online, here on the BOC under the "Tournament" section & on water at various locations in the area. One of our members, Willie (Float-trip), does a lot of bankfishing and amazes us with his ability to find great fish along the bank. Most of us have boats and those without do not have much problem being invited to go out on the rivers with us. We get together for what we call "Dollar Tournaments" which is a good explanation of the entry fee. LOL Mostly, it's for braggin rights. We also get together each year for a group lead melting. Everyone leaves with enough sinkers to last them a year. Most of our nonfishing time is spent in the above mentioned Gateway Cats section, showing pic's of our catches, telling of our trips or friendly teasing of those who haven't been lucky.
    Come visit us an see if it is something you would like. If so, jump in, we'd be glad to meet ya.

3. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri

Thanks for the welcome, I'll check out that Tournement section, although I really can't see us being tournement fishermen, LOL. With the river being so flooded, It looks like a long time before we can fish there anyway. Were so desperate, we might have to fish the lake at the Arnold Dog Park.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I am in no way a catfisher that could ever qualify for anything but our local "Dollar Tournaments". I only qualify for those cause, well, I do have my $1 entry fee.

Yes, the river is up, however, in the last two weeks, 2 of our members have caught their personal best catfish on the Mississippi River. One was around 70 lb's & one was over around 90 lb's. Plus, I have heard of several members catching quite a few 15-30 lb fish. Yes, the river is up, but that only effects the safety factor and appears to be a nice pattern to fish in. I wouldn't, of course. But some of these members are crazy enough to go out. One, RiverRat, stayed out all night on the river last night, not in the slightest worrying about the lightning storm all around him. Did I mention that we have some insane members? Ok, I'm not so sure about the word "some" there, but that's another story.:wink: