Any info on CJ Brown Reservoir this year?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Monsterkat11, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just wondering if anyone's fished cj brown this year yet, and how they did?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    not yet, but if we get enopugh cold weather to freeze the main lake i'm going up to do some ice fishing for channels:smile2:

3. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ol' doc told me it's a feeding fest in the spring, i'm looking forward to it.

4. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    I was doing real good on them until this freeze came in but it will make it so much better, we should see a good Shad kill the ice has been on the lake for 5 days now, after 17 days it will take it's toll on the Shad, when the ice finally comes off the lake it will be awesome, when that south wind blows those Shad bodies back into the North end those cats will head back there and gorge on all the dead body's, I'm going to try something different this year and start in the deeper water and work the old creek bed back to the North end, I found a ton of structure on the North end when they pulled the lake down in 2005 to build the new ramp in 2006, I know this lake very well but found some areas that are really good that I didn't know about, it should be great fishing come March, if nobody has ever been here you need to come down and fish with me or my son it is awesome pulling 15#-20# Channel cats out of this shallow water..........Doc

5. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey doc i think my dad and i may take you up on that offer if you'd like, i appreciate all the tips you've given me over the last year or two!

6. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I was actually thinking about heading out that way this spring. Never fished out there, but have heard nothing but good things for the past couple of years.

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if you cant catch channels in that lake there is something wrong, it is ate up with 'em!

8. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Looks like I might have to take some friends out that way then. For some reason my friends have trouble catching channels when I'll be right next to them catching dozens.