any ideas?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by bigfish08, Feb 10, 2008.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ive got the itch and in a couple weeks a a friend and myself want to try for some blues on the ohio, around cincinatti. well be tryin from the bank since were boatless, but any tips or ideas, we got tons of frozen shad and suckers, were not sure what to look for fishing from the bank on such a big river, were used to the gmr, fishing holes and logjams, so any advice is greatly appreciated,,
    larry

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    It is so hard to tell, but you want to find some deeper water. Whereabouts do you live? And how far are you willing to travel?

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i am in your shoes too, looking for BANK spots! will be going back down here real soon to try out a couple new spots Chubbahead and I found last weekend. check your PM's

4. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Dink, I was down that way all weekend. I didn't get to fish though. I did go check out our spots. I think that first spot we fished looks even better now with the river near flood stage. It might not have been high enough to force the fish there last time. There is still a really big eddie their. I don't know where else the fish would go when it is as high as it is now.

Get this, me and the woman were eating on Mike Finks party boat. We have a window seat, and the whole time I'm watching the river and trees fly by while ignoring her. And then, as quick as it came it was gone, some dude on a kayak was going down the middle of the river. I've never seen anything like it. That water is cold. Crazy dude!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have to agree phil...that had to be a crazy man! can you imagine if he tipped that thing? talk about certain body parts running to hide!!:smile2: rollo

6. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    those guys are crazy, i had 4 or 5 of them go by me at 3 in the morning back in summer, right through the riffle just chatting away... it was an interesting sight..lol

7. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i seen a guys going up the ohio river in a kayak right behine a barge . I don't know what was going threw his mind lol.