Any ideas on rigging boat?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MissouriCats, Jun 4, 2009.

1. MissouriCats

MissouriCats New Member

State:
    Higginsville,Missouri
    I just bought my first boat and it's an 89 Lowe 24ft Pontoon. I do a lot of crappie and catfishing and I wanted to get some ideas on how to get my boat rigged up for fishing. Such as lighting, rod holders, rod storage, bait tank ideas, anything you guys might have suggestions on. All of my fishing is on Truman Lake and maybe I will do some on the Ozarks behind Truman Dam now that I have something to put in the water. If you can post some pics, I don't want to steal any ideas I just want to see some things that I can do. Thanks for any ideas. Oh the joys of being a boat owner!

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Man there is tons of ideas in the member library .

Welcome to the B.O.C.

I dont have a pontoon or I might know some tricks .

3. MissouriCats

MissouriCats New Member

State:
    Higginsville,Missouri
    Thanks, I have been slowly looking through them.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Congrats on the new boat. You'll stay busy getting it rigged up for quite a while, I'm sure.

Whatever you do, however, *don't* get the brilliant idea to mount headlights at the front of each pontoon so you can see where you're going... Had some moron the other night down on the upper LOZ decide he needed to anchor about 300 ft below me, so on come the floodlights and he swings his pontoon in behind me with the lights blaring in my face as they struggled to drop anchor, get in just the right position and get the rods ready. I think he got the clue when I turned on my spotlight and pointed it right back at him for about 2 minutes solid.

Night time is for darkness. Keep the lights to an absolute minimum. If you can't see well enough in the dark without lights, you don't have any business being on the water at night.

I run a 12v "party light" type string on my rear deck to light the rod tips and give me just enough light to see what I'm doing when cutting bait on the rear deck. From outside my boat, you can't see the lights at all. And when I'm underway, I disconnect those lights entirely.

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    there is a lot of good info in the library on these red lights. they look pretty sweet, and from what i understand not many animals pay much attention to the red or ifrared lighting.
    mr.T is right if you do use a spot keep it to a minimum, youll make fewer enemies out there. good luck

6. colonelsanders

colonelsanders New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey brother I'm out in Odessa and run a 88 Lowe 24 footer, come on by and take a look at what I have done. Might give you a few ideas.