Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any information as to how well the fishing is around that area.

Thank you to any who gives some input.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Yea, I have been fishing the lake this summer and have done pretty good on Shad and even Crawfish. I fish next to the boat ramp sometimes. The only problem there is that there are a lot of stumps out there to get snagged on. Try catching shad in a throw net or, for big cats, bring Bream with you. You can catch bream there but I find it easier to get them elsewhere and bring a bucket of them with me and then keep them in a folding basket when I get there to keep them alive. After dark the rocks are full of crawfish that will bite anything dead and hang on long enough to get them in a net. Shine a flashlite in the rocks and you'll see them everywhere! I break the claws off before putting them on the hook. The last time I was there I got several nice cats.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live right here in bedford. but sounds to me the place calls for a weedless hook.

Sounds like cut bait would do well there also.

Sound like i need to go scooping in the creek behind me and cut up some bait. and stock up on cut bait.

Thanks again for your help and input.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well brother just about everyone in bedford is family to me my family has owned most the farms ever here.

My family here in bedford is caters oranges ruffs dolleys robertsons overstreets and many many more.

I grew up most of my life on taylors mountain.

My family is very large to large infact. thanks for joining good to have all the certified southern virginia brothers we can get.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Down toward the dam. The islands around Sauders/Parkway Marina have been fairly consistant during the warmer periods. Picked up a 6lb channel on a bucktail last weekend just up river from the state park. :cool:

Bo

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Can anyone tell me about good places to bank fish for channels, stripers, white bass, etc. at the lake? All the places I used to fish are developed now. Anything at the upper end, near Hardy area or Goodview?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.